Importing Match Air Pistol - Hammerli AP 20 PRO - 2019 - Experience

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
nmondal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Importing Match Air Pistol - Hammerli AP 20 PRO - 2019 - Experience

Post by nmondal » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:10 pm

Hi Guys,
Am a noob match air pistol shooter.
I tried https://kiehberg.in first, but at Saturday they did not respond.
I was frantically searching for an importer and found https://www.artekindia.com.
Talked with their receptionist - and she made me talk to Hardeep, their CEO. Amazing person.
He pointed me to Pavittar, their sales head - another amazing guy.

I decided to keep the price tag low - so Hammerli AP 20 Pro it is, and I transferred the 15K into their a/c.
Found out that it does not come with extra cylinder - so ordered another cylinder in between. LP 400 cylinders, costs around18K.
Honestly, I am no way affiliated to artek, but these guys -- they charge the minimum price,
and always, always, always available to talk and chat with me. They always did.
Only thing they wanted was my range shooter id as official doc - and adhar as id proof.

Being a first time importer, the wait was literally killing me, so I bugged them on almost daily basis, more so in the later part, when the gun was imported and couriered, but.. I did not receive it.

Hardeep said it will take 5-7 days. They did courier it on 6th, and today 13th I did get it!!!!

Here it is!

Fantastic experience, come to think about it. Cylinder came before the gun, though.
Tomorrow I will go to SATS range and try to acclimatise to it.
Aretk India rocks! They might not have a fancy website and lotta people and process - but oh boy, they do deliver.
I have no idea how Kiehberg works ( they are also nice, and eventually after like 7 days get's back on your email) - but artek is simply awesome.

If I do a bit good, I will buy the next one from them. Next year 25 m Pistol. If you are reading this, Artek, you guys rock.

For Advertising mail webmaster
nmondal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Importing Match Air Pistol - Hammerli AP 20 PRO - 2019 - Experience

Post by nmondal » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:48 pm

Update.
Today took it to SATS range, and my my. This 76K AP PRO gun can literally beat the 1.5L guns out of competition. Here is an untuned shot proof.
Please keep in mind that I got back to range after 14 days, and I am shooting air pistol for less than a month now.

I sincerely think that guns do not make a shooter, after a reasonable level ( which I think Walther AP 20 has already achieved ) -- it is the shooter.

russianshooter3
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by russianshooter3 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:31 pm

regards

maanbirsingh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by maanbirsingh » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:00 am

nmondal wrote:Update.
Today took it to SATS range, and my my. This 76K AP PRO gun can literally beat the 1.5L guns out of competition. Here is an untuned shot proof.
Please keep in mind that I got back to range after 14 days, and I am shooting air pistol for less than a month now.

I sincerely think that guns do not make a shooter, after a reasonable level ( which I think Walther AP 20 has already achieved ) -- it is the shooter.

Great shooting and nice group at 10 meters!

sagar 12345
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by sagar 12345 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:34 am

very nice grouping at 10 metre from a new air pistol without adjusting trigger.how much this pistol cost to you & extra cylinder. how will you fill cylinder. i fill my ap pro 20 air pistol cylinder from scubba tank. i got same results from my second hand air pistol. waiting for your reply & more nice shooting reports.

nmondal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by nmondal » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:34 am

sagar 12345 wrote:very nice grouping at 10 metre from a new air pistol without adjusting trigger.how much this pistol cost to you & extra cylinder. how will you fill cylinder. i fill my ap pro 20 air pistol cylinder from scubba tank. i got same results from my second hand air pistol. waiting for your reply & more nice shooting reports.
Hi,
I think I have cracked it. Walther is literally selling LP 400 pistol under the name of Hammerli.
It is a cheaper version, that is all. :cheers:

Cylinders are also LP 400 cylinders, they are not carbon. It is dead accurate, and all the misses from 8 ring are due to callous shots!!!
:stupid:
I have configured the grip and trigger today a bit. Lemme try tomorrow. Let's see if I can get all into 8.

Pistol 67K
Import Duty: 12K
Extra Cylinder 18K
Courier Charges 2.5K

nmondal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by nmondal » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:13 pm

Today, at home.
As tried, all shots are within 8 ring - one is borderline.
More practice required, grip is also being adjusted upon.

nmondal
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by nmondal » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:55 pm

This is my current 40 shot match scores are. This probably conclude the thread, because it showcases that Hammerli AP 20 Pro is a fantastic gun, and it is only limited by my talent and practice at shooting. I would like it to be a bit less jerky - which is why I think Walther LP 500 takes the cake, but that amount of jerk even Steyr LP 10 was giving me.
It has been exactly 1 month I am with an Air Pistol, and exactly 7 days I am practicing with it.
340/400.