My brand new PH..the mighty pegasus...:D

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
chinmay1986
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

My brand new PH..the mighty pegasus...:D

Post by chinmay1986 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:21 pm

I must say it's been quite a while that some thing has got me grinning ear to ear..
Well this one simply got me going..

was so impressed with my friend's Pegasus, I decided to go out and get one for myself.

Was in delhi incidently, went to meltbook convergance and got myself this beauty of a gun.

Well few differences that I noticed immediately vis-à-vis my friend's PH...the build seems to be better (could be just me) and to my relief the 11mm dovetail grooves definitely appear to be deeper and have an interior ledge kind of a metal cut to probably to help hold the scope mounts in place.

shot a couple of light weight pellets at the shop..to my pleasant surprise the pellets were bang where u pointed them... Now that's amazing that u take a rifle out of the box and start shooting 1/2 inch gps at almost 13 mtrs that too standing...good job precihole I just hope like hell the precision stays.

Next stop : citizen enterprises in Subhash nagar for a Bushnell scope (probably a copy but what the heck)...it looks and functions great.
it's a 3-9x 50mm has even got an illuminated reticle in two colours (red and green) with 5 brightness settings each. Ranged markings from 15 - 300 yds. windage and elevation adjustment too.

Came back and couldn't wait to fire the gun up..so got myself a tin of h&n excite econ .177 pellets and started off...
Bad day for all the magazines and old news papers lying around they were soon lying around shredded... :P

some pics:
20141029_184549.jpg
20141029_184625.jpg
20141029_184731.jpg
20141029_184950.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: My brand new PH..the mighty pegasus...:D

Post by brihacharan » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:36 pm

Congrats Chinmay on your new acquisition :D
The Pegasus is a very accurate AR - Wish you many happy hours of shooting with it!
Briha

chinmay1986
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by chinmay1986 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:43 pm

brihacharan wrote:Congrats Chinmay on your new acquisition :D
The Pegasus is a very accurate AR - Wish you many happy hours of shooting with it!
Briha
:agree: thanks briha.... Well noticed one thing..the h&n excite econ is a 7.48 gr pellet but m still getting a whip crack on shooting...
thought that was supposed to happen when pellets go supersonic...but Pegasus is just rated at 800 fps.. :?:

chinmay1986
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by chinmay1986 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:01 pm

forgot to mention...would love to get some help from the members regarding how to mount the scope accurately
and also zeroing them...thanks

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:00 am

Hi chinmay,
To mount the scope, place/hold the rifle in a stable position as parallel to the floor as possible. Make sure it is perfectly levelled. Now mount the lower half of the scope mounts to the rails on the rifle. Place the scope on the lower mount and fix the top mounts. Tighten the screws alternating between the first and diagonally last screw on each side. Make sure that before you completely tighten the screws you check that the crosshair is perfectly aligned and not canting towards the left or right. Also make sure you have the scope at a desirable distance away from your eye while resting your head on the cheek piece. Once both of these are checked, continue to tighten the screws. Make sure you dont over tighten the screws and damage the threading on the mounts.

Just realised, it would have been easier if i had simply asked you to refer to the countless youtube videos on the subject :stupid:
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:15 am

Use diy reactive targets if you want to zero your rifle at longer ranges. Have found these to be superbly effective at about 50yards where it becomes difficult to spot the shots on regular white targets.
With regards to how to make and use these targets, please refer to the gyan available on youtube :D
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:31 am

I must say it's been quite a while that some thing has got me grinning ear to ear..
Well this one simply got me going..
Who doesn't like that?
Congratulations and enjoy your new rifle.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:08 am

friend you have got a good rifle.precihole has a very good reputation.
have fun safely
regards
dr.jk

chinmay1986
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by chinmay1986 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:24 pm

thanks for the info guys. I've seen some videos on youtube already...will post more pics once the scope is mounted.

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:10 pm

chinmay1986 wrote:thanks for the info guys. I've seen some videos on youtube already...will post more pics once the scope is mounted.
For zeroing your scope...log on to 'archerairguns.com' - there's a nice video on how to do it the 'easy way'....
Good Luck!
Briha

Vivek.anand
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Vivek.anand » Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:40 pm

Hey,
Congratulations on your new AG, i also was interested in buying a precihole, can i know how much you paid for the gun and the scope (individually)?
and how were your dealings with meltbook convergence?

chinmay1986
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by chinmay1986 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:15 am

Vivek.anand wrote:Hey,
Congratulations on your new AG, i also was interested in buying a precihole, can i know how much you paid for the gun and the scope (individually)?
and how were your dealings with meltbook convergence?
Hi vivek, It cost me 11k but had to bargain quite a bit. I actually walked off the shop speaking on the phone to an imaginary person and saying " oh great u can give it to me for 10.5 K...m coming to ur shop right now" ROTFL ... Couldn't believe the trick actually worked and got a call back from them in half an hr agreeing to 11k.
Otherwise its available at Aimco for 10.5 k and olive planet at 10999 if u can wait for the delivery.
As for the scope, citizen enterprises had it for 8.5k again bargained and got it for 7k. Fits rock solid onto the PH..no modifications done. They usually keep 3-9x 40 scopes. Got lucky with the 50 mm one...

herb
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by herb » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:27 am

Nice rifle, congrats! Thanks for the pics.

Vivek.anand
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Vivek.anand » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:01 am

chinmay1986 wrote:
Hi vivek, It cost me 11k but had to bargain quite a bit. I actually walked off the shop speaking on the phone to an imaginary person and saying " oh great u can give it to me for 10.5 K...m coming to ur shop right now" ROTFL ... Couldn't believe the trick actually worked and got a call back from them in half an hr agreeing to 11k.
Otherwise its available at Aimco for 10.5 k and olive planet at 10999 if u can wait for the delivery.
As for the scope, citizen enterprises had it for 8.5k again bargained and got it for 7k. Fits rock solid onto the PH..no modifications done. They usually keep 3-9x 40 scopes. Got lucky with the 50 mm one...
haha that's quite a technique, must say. I am looking to buy a nitro piston polaris and they are quoting my 15k while the others are quoting 12.5k so it seems i shouldn't even bother going as i doubt he will reduce it by that much, plus it's a little too far compared to other dealers from my place.