Airguns for Competition

All posts related to air-guns (air-rifles, airsoft, air-pistols, air-guns etc.).
Sourojit
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Airguns for Competition

Post by Sourojit » Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:16 pm

Hello everybody!
Am visiting after a very long time.I hope I find everybody in good health!

Now , this is what I am wondering :
How good are the NX100 and SX100 series Air Rifles by www.preciholesports.com for National and International level competitions?
And which airguns do shooters like Abhinav Bindra use ?

I was just going through the above website and I liked the rifles visually.I want to know how good they are performance wise.
Have any of you used it?

Thank You!
"Give me blood,I will give you freedom."
- Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose

For Advertising mail webmaster
AnandNair
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Airguns for Competition

Post by AnandNair » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:48 pm

in national and international competitions - Precihole Nx - :lol: ROTFL :lol:
A fully adjustable to suit specific shooter, precision bored barrel and parts, micro adjustable trigger and sights, air regulated to last a full competition shoot, and rifles that come to you with a guarantee, and a sample 5 round shot thru one hole... Rifles like, Anshultz, Walther, Feinwerkbau are most favoured by National and International 10M air rifle shooters.
Abhinav Bindhra uses a Walther Lg400
Some learn by reading. A few by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence.

kshitij
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by kshitij » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:52 am

Hi,
Sourojit, I do not think that the precihole can be seriously considered for any kind of competitive shooting.
Will it make a good rifle to start training and learning the right hold, maybe.
What they are good at though, is being fun to shoot, quality air rifles with good enough accuracy for fun plinking etc.
Would recommend you go for the nx100 in .22 for the pure value for money and fun factor it provides.
Leave the Olympic shooting to the dedicated, cause their score isnt just a result of the rifle they shoot with, a lot more goes into it.
Just my two cents, more experienced members may advice better.
Lock, Stock and Barrel.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:43 am

Abhinav Bindra spent 3 crores making a customised personal range (as per his father's interview after the first Olympic medal). Do you honestly imagine the gun would have cost 10-15 grand?

Any air weapon which costs less than 50 K or so would be mainly a plinker. Or maybe 1 lac. You can use the 0.177 calibre stuff for local competitions, but that's about it.

I do have the Precihole Orion in 0.22, real fun and accurate for my purposes. But then, I have neither the time nor the inclination to go for competitive shooting.

A Precihole NX 100 0.177 is probably the best airgun to learn shooting with. If you really want to invest the time, effort, energy, and $$$ to go higher, the sky is the limit (a good, "imported" coach will ask for a few thousand USD a month, for example, and you need to shoot and do other physical & mental exercises for at least 4-5 hours every day!). Then again, hearing our National Anthem while you stand on the victory stand with a laurel wreath on your head would just be worth everything!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:01 pm

THREE CRORE Rupees for a 10 mt Air Gun Range at home ? Mind blowing. I wonder on what he spent that much money.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:41 am

Not airgun, this is supposedly a multipurpose range with facilities for skeet, trap, air rifle, shotgun, etc. etc. Even has those flying targets for skeet!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

Bob Lee Swagger
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Bob Lee Swagger » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:29 am

i want to purchase my first air gun.......i zeroed my search on polaris nx 100 by preciholes. is it suitable for local competitions ? any other recommendations ........
please guide me.

AnandNair
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by AnandNair » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:57 pm

Bob Lee Swagger wrote:i want to purchase my first air gun.......i zeroed my search on polaris nx 100 by preciholes. is it suitable for local competitions ? any other recommendations ........
please guide me.
Best Cheap air gun with peep sight for local competition... try getting a Daisy Avanti or atleast a Daisy powerline 953 target pro. Single pump pneumatic with one hole accuracy.
Some learn by reading. A few by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence.

Bob Lee Swagger
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Bob Lee Swagger » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:52 pm

thank you AnandNair ji

AnandNair
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by AnandNair » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:34 pm

Bob Lee Swagger wrote:thank you AnandNair ji
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Daisy_Pow ... ights/2610
or
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Daisy_Avanti_853/145 with crowned Lothar Walther barrel.