My babies !!

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
Oggie
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

My babies !!

Post by Oggie » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:39 am

Here's some pics of my firearms...

My trusty and faithfull .22 LR. This one is a Savage MK2 with the accu trigger which is a dream to shoot. Suppressor equipped and subsonics - a suprb and effective combination for spotlight varminting. they never know where it came from !

This one is my absolute favourite. The 7mm08 is an absolute pleasure to shoot and is a humane and very effective slayer. I've taken down 120Lb boars with this at 250 yards - 1 shot kills. The caliber has a very flat trajectory and the felt recoil is just under the level of a .308 so its a very pleasant firearm indeed. I had this rifle bedded in for accuracy to enable long range shots. Its tested and delivers sun 1.5''inch groups at 200 yards !!

This one is my trusty and reliable friend the Howa 1500 synthetic stock .223 caliber. Great for long range varminting and is powerful enough to knock down most deer in NZ if shot placement is correct :) Since the .223 is regarded as a military caliber in NZ ammo is cheap to obtain and this makes it a cheap to operate firearm. Unlike India there's no PB's in NZ - You can even own a .50 BMG - if your shoulder allows it !

Finally my shottie - the Hatsan Optima - 12 g - great for clays and also quite effective on rabbits and turkeys and a absolute game changer in bird hunting season.

Hope you enjoyed these. Please feel free to fire away any questions that you may have....

For Advertising mail webmaster
msandhu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: My babies !!

Post by msandhu » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:19 pm

Thats a nice collection you got..:)
Cheers
Mandeep

kragiesardar
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by kragiesardar » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:18 am

Very cool, great mix, you got all game covered!
Warm regards,
Kragiesardar

Oggie
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Oggie » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:47 am

Kragie - Come to NZ mate - we should do a hunt together.

Prabhath
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Prabhath » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:57 am

Great collection Oggie.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:52 am

handsome firearms, to be sure, Oggie. Thanks for sharing!

indian
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by indian » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:04 am

Nice collection oggie :) i have seen a hatsan shotgun for the first time and BTW are handguns allowed in NZ.Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Ravi teja :)

Oggie
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Oggie » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:20 am

Thanks Prabhath, Timmy and Ravi.

Yes you can own hand guns in NZ on a endorsed licence. I dont own any as my interest is more towards hunting. I've got friends who do though. NZ is a very gun friendly country though the anti lobby is getting a bit vocal now but with 1 million licenced firearms in a nation of 4 million we are lucky indeed. The process of getting a firearm is reasonably strict but fair so it takes a while and unless one has a criminal past or is downright irresponsible chances are you will get a licence. The ability to keep it though is another issue. Any flagrant violation of the basic 7 tenets of the firearms code can result in the licence being nullified. We are quite pedantic about safety etc. Overall a great place to own a firearm and hunt in !

raj
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by raj » Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:13 pm

Great collection sir....

Regards
Raj
---I have strong feelings about gun control. If there's a gun around, I want to be the one controlling it.

---"Slow is Smooth,Smooth is Fast"

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:54 am

Nice collection a grumpy a member here always recommended Howa rifles. Hows that Turkish shotgun looks good their quality is improving a lot even CZ has few of their shotguns made in Turkey. Wish India could get the dirft.

best