Post Pictures of your Guns so we can admire them !

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
Respectful
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post Pictures of your Guns so we can admire them !

Post by Respectful » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:39 pm

Let do justice by enjoying your pics - Naming them does no justice ? Com'on! As long as they are legal no worries. IF concerned don't show serials. I am also thinking posting self shooting a nice firearm would not be bad either :D . I am starting this picture thread, so please do add to it, please. I will bite first. As you know mine are in USA - I will start with my Indian made Rifle, out of respect for my mother country.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Respectful
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: Post Pictures of your Guns so we can admire them !

Post by Respectful » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:09 am

These are my USA ATF Registered SBR and Pistols with ATF registered Suppressors - stops noise pollution -Not quiet as you believe what you hear in movies . So these are what we are fighting to keep available to us also including Vests with Plates. Why own this ? Why not if legal and best not to create noise to disturb people not too far from your range. Also if you ever have heard even a ,22 or a 9mm go off in an enclosed area - all I can say is better have good ear plugs. Oh Jai Ambe!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Respectful
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Respectful » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:19 pm

Sorry - Family members of the class 3 items informed me they did not want to display their weapons and self any more due to their own reasons ...it was fun while it lasted. Once again this weapons are in USA and were legal by all means - owned by an FFL-SOT - Except the desert eagle..that belongs to me. I updated the post the pistol of it without the person shooting it .
Last edited by Respectful on Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:35 am

Very nice and you guys are very lucky to be able to own all of these.
But a simple question...why so many ? are you insecure in the US ?
if so, I understand, otherwise even two are more than enough .
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

thesinfulsaint
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by thesinfulsaint » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:59 am

I would have loved to show what I have but unfortunately I lost all of them in a boating accident very recently

:cry:

Respectful
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Respectful » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:31 am

Saint, These are all blanks, the rest is just a show...Similar what is in the movies - just an act.
Last edited by Respectful on Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Respectful
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Respectful » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:09 am

Now to my Non-Lethal should I need it as I was looking for a Siberian weapon - I had to settle with this one. But really he will just guide you to take him for a walk - cannot help but be friends with everyone I found out.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:47 am

chicky wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:35 am
Very nice and you guys are very lucky to be able to own all of these.
But a simple question...why so many ? are you insecure in the US ?
if so, I understand, otherwise even two are more than enough .
Chicky, not wanting to get into politics (especially those of another country), but I have several questions related to gun rights to ask of you:

1. What makes you think that you can analyze people's insecurities by how many guns they own or want to own?

Do you have a degree in psychology, and if so, how is it that you apply your Ph D diagnosis without ever meeting someone?

As these questions to you imply, I think your saying that people who own more than two guns are insecure is insulting, and not based on any facts and data whatsoever. It is, in fact, insulting.

2. You say that "even two are more than enough." What is your authority for saying this? By what right to you claim to be the person who should choose how many guns are "enough"? What is your determination based upon?

These two members have the right to own however many guns they wish, and they do not have to give anyone a justification for why they want them, just as they don't have to justify buying and owning cars, houses, or TVs to anyone. Their right to do this is protected by the Constitution of the nation in which they hold citizenship.

Frankly, I find your attitude a very odd one, considering that you post it as a member of a website that espouses gun rights.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

hornet22
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by hornet22 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:36 pm

Some buy guns as an investment and also the fear of future ban on certain type of weapons,

Respectful
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Respectful » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:48 pm

Thank You Brother Timmy- You have put your words much better than I could ever have attempted. We are all here to have an ability to enjoy things we love to do and also gives us insurance to protect your family. No one can do that then yourself. Freedom allows you to have choice and with that you can make your own choice you want to do with it. :cheers:

Respectful
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Respectful » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:58 pm

Thank you Brother Hornet. That is precisely what has become, Some these weapons not posted and posted here have made many gains to that end on investment since they have been banned for importation anymore. Very rare the bans get reversed but hoping you have people in power that understand better on giving us the choice rather than tell us.

chicky
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by chicky » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:12 pm

Timmy,
Was not so serous when I said something about insecurity in relation to the guns held. Absolutely no intention of insulting anyone. Each to his own .
But being a resident Indian we naturally assume that more guns held means either one is a shooter or is concerned of his security. This is my perception with no offence meant towards anyone nor am I judging anyone.
I was just genuinely concerned.I am not insulting anyone nor trying to flaunt "Ph.D diagnosis .
I have a lot of respect for you ,Timmy ,hence my reply otherwise I would have just ignored the message.
Be safe, be happy
"One can never know how far he can go and reach, until he starts running "

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:07 am

Chicky:

Our forum here is different in a significant way from other forums onliine, including gun forums.

Most forums are a place to get together and share interests, and often form a "core" group that posts a lot, where people get to know each other. Others participate less, maybe because they are interested in the board's theme but more narrowly than active folks. Many people just lurk, reading but not posting. You can see for yourself how many people are online here and deduce that a large number are lurkers, as is usually common on web forums.

However here, while we provide a place for getting together, discussing gun issues, sharing experiences, and we want people to be part of IFG's gun community and theme, we are here for a specific reason: We promote the right for law abiding citizens to own and use guns legally.

This has a political aspect, but we aren't about politics or political parties here. Politics are important for obtaining gun rights, especially in India where the number of gun owners is small. The rest of politics, like foreign policy or taxes or other such subjects are more appropriate in a different setting. Besides, we are not interested in the many political "sides" that exist. We want to bring together all who are willing to join us in our advocacy of gun rights.

Many people in India are opposed to gun ownership in all forms, and this is a common attitude everywhere in the world -- more so in India, less so in other places, but still there are those who oppose gun rights. We look to educate people about gun rights and also to advocate for them -- again, legally for law abiding citizens.

Now, you say that you weren't serious when you made comments about gun owners being insecure due to owning more than two guns. How was a person who read your comments to interpret what you said if they did own more than to guns (which the people posting in the thread clearly did) or wanted to own more than two guns?

I will point out that the issue of mental health is a very serious and important issue, especially when discussed in conjunction with guns. Please be aware that mental health has always been used as an issue for persecution: when someone doesn't think like the majority, it is often said that "they must be crazy" or some such thing. Meanwhile, governments use such grounds to justify calling people anti-social or religious sinners, which then becomes a cause for depriving people of liberty and rights.

I suggest that you peruse the posts on IFG right at the time the gun limit was reduced from three weapons to two. You can note people who had, for instance, a 22 rifle for plinking and a handgun for protection because they ran a business, and then inherited an heirloom from an ancestor. The reduction to two guns caused them to have to make a choice, but I cannot understand why such people would be called insecure, and could understand how they would not feel that your statement was complimentary.

Consider someone who was a collector, and had, say, several Browning 32 Auto Pocket Pistols and several different models of Walther PP/PPK 32 Autos -- Why? Because they liked to collect them. They may not even carry them because they are collectors, or they are not even shooters. Why would they be considered odd? People collect all sorts of stuff nowadays.I recently wanted to install an old fashioned mercury switch thermostat in my house, because I grew frustrated with the computer controlled battery powered thing I had. I found out that this wasn't inexpensive -- get this -- because there were people who collected old thermostats and drove up the prices!

The reasons why people do what they do are as varied as there are different personalities, cultures, and groups. Wouldn't there be a difference between folks in Punjab versus Kerala, for instance? There's no way that we can make a valid generalization as to why people do what they do. But saying something as if they were lacking sensibility, normal confidence, or some other such aspect for their choices seems extreme.

But back to IFG: This site is well-known and is known to advocate for gun rights. Abhijeet, our founder is also well-known as an advocate. All sorts of people read the posts on this site and some of them are not well-disposed toward legal gun rights for law abiding citizens. They will use every sort of twisted logic and seize upon every ridiculous line of reasoning as an excuse to deprive an ordinary citizen a reasonable right, as recognized by people like Gandhi.

Frederick Douglass, the former slave and and civil rights advocate in the USA, had it right when he said that the three aspects of freedom were for a citizen to have equal access to the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. Contemplate this thought in light of who gets a gun license and who does not, and the need for IFG becomes obvious.

So, while reasonable discussion is allowed here, it is always permitted within the reason for IFG's and this forum's reason for existence. It would serve no purpose for IFG to tolerate people using this site as a platform for advancing their views that oppose IFG's purpose. IFG has always acted in keeping with this principle and moderated posts that are not in keeping with this principle.

You have pointed out that:
But being a resident Indian we naturally assume that more guns held means either one is a shooter or is concerned of his security.
I can agree with the validity of your observation -- this viewpoint is commonly held. But part of the reason that IFG exists is to educate and counter these assumptions, which like so many others, is simply not true. There are many reasons to own guns, to enjoy guns, to shoot guns in many different activities, and to simply like collecting them and looking at them.

I can recall showing an incredibly intelligent medical school student my RFI 2A. He did not, and does not to this day, like guns, but when he saw the Asoka stamped on the buttstock socket, his eyes lighted up and he became very interested. He suddenly appreciated the 2A as something that was much more than a kook, a person oeriented toward goonda behavior, or a person who was insecure would want. He saw it as a piece of history -- of Indian History -- and something which told a story of india's independence and struggle in a trying international relationship. THAT's what we want to point out here, and why you don't see any illegal activity promoted here. That's why you see gun safety and gun knowledge encouraged here: we are telling India that there's no reason to question why your neighbor owns a gun or wants to own a gun. We are telling India that we gun owners are just like them, and that just like them and most law abiding folks, do not harbor twisted fantasies or violent tendencies. Rather, we have no more reason to engage in anti-social behavior than anyone else does, who does not wish to own a gun.

I appreciate, Chicky, your moderate and measured response. You may wonder why I responded to your post the way that I did, and why I took so much time to reply to your reply. It is because I do know that beside yourself, many others are reading the posts here, and it must be seen who we are and what we stand for -- both as a positive thing to invite reasonably people to join us, and as a negative thing to disarm incorrect assumptions and false arguments.

Just like we promote gun safety here, because incorrect handling of guns can lead to bad ends, we also want to make sure that our cause, gun rights, is always handled correctly, because false impressions and ideas have an unfortunate way of spreading and becoming "common wisdom," especially ideas based on false premises.

Everyone knows that the heavy object falls faster than a light one, right?
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Respectful
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Respectful » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:40 am

Darn it did not know how to deleted the repeated posting of the same stuff - so forced to show you another stuff - Wanted to stop any more ,,,,oh well here we go . My FN SPR™ A1 and M1 Garand
Last edited by Respectful on Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Respectful
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Respectful » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:49 am

Very well put together Timmy on what you just wrote. I
Would like to add that we law biding citizens are very concerned on not loosing those rights. If we break the law it is a felony and we won’t be able to own or buy guns legally anymore. We then won’t be able to protect ourselves and enjoy the other things that comes with it. So instead of fearing how many guns a person should need or own is not something that should be a concern. What one should be concerned with is do I need to have one to protect me when situation arises or not. There is nothing wrong to not own one if you think you rather would not care to own one and know you will deal with whatever comes about if that situation arises. I am more comfortable with people around me carrying or having guns and do it safety in mind.
I know most want to have the protection and not break any laws that will prevent that ownership. Have one gun or 99 , having one round or 10000, having a magazine the houses 20 rnds or 10, is a moot point! I just need one to insure myself. My training and practice will carry me through and my judgement when the situation arises will guide me. For I already know that owning one comes with responsibility. I will not waste the precious life god has given us to live in this world for no reason. I know I can buy protection with lots of money but I want a normal hardworking person who does not have that ability to also be able to have that insurance and ability of protection.