IFG'ians meet in Mumbai

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
Moin.
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13

IFG'ians meet in Mumbai

Post by Moin. » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:59 am

With the Delhi IFG’ans having their Soiree with Baljit Pa’aji how can we Mumbaikar be left far behind. No tweed coats or 12 Bore ShotGuns or waxed mustaches for us Mumbaikars hahahah :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Our Guest of Honour was our IFG Member Tirpassion from Paris-France and the regular”Choori-Mochi Gang” as SirXl calls us were graced by the some one who is considered a legend in the Air Gun Community Dr.Shirsat and my dear friend avid outdoorsman, Krav Magaa Expert, some one who has the most enviable collection of knives in Mumbai Chief Slingshot.

We met at Gallops Restaurant in Mahalaxmi Racecourse. Sunday being a Raceday we were treated to the sight of some very fancy Mercs, Jaguars,Beemers. Our tiny hatchbacks looked really out of place in the parking lot.

Post lunch we went to Chief Slingshots place and all the Gentlemen marvelled at Chief’s most amazing collection of knives !!! Believe you me it is. Chief Also showed his collection of Diana 350 Magnum with a beuatiful walnut stock, Diana Airking 54, a decades old BSA Cadet and a HW Air Rifle to the expert Dr.Shirsat, Brihaji, AGN and Shoubik Da.

Some pics taken from my el cheapo camera, will request the other participants to post theirs.

Oh Yes and how can I forget, all of us got a wonderful Opinel (Made in France) No. 8 folder from sir Tirpassion as a gift. YYYYYYAAAYYYYYYYYYY…. Will post the pics is due course….

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

For Advertising mail webmaster
brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: IFG'ians meet in Mumbai

Post by brihacharan » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:48 am

> Thanks Moin :D
> A truly memorable meet of like minded blokes :D
> Yes - The blade collection of 'Slingshot' slung us into a world of 'metal artistry' that left us speechless, save for Oooohs & Hahaaas expressed with every blade we caressed!
:cheers:
Briha

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:15 am

Yeah, guys, a wonderful day to cherish! And M. Tirpassion's gift left this normally garrulous Bong totally speechless. As did Chief Slingshots's amazing collection. I actually dreamt knives last night!

Moin, I touched up the Opinel on the Spyderco - fine stones, flat side only - shaving sharp. Carrying it in my pocket now. Just hope the boss doesn't need something cut open!
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

slingshot
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by slingshot » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:39 pm

Moin, EssDee, Briha Sir, Airgun Novice, Tirpassion, Doc Shirsat....I was honoured to have you at my home. It was such an amazing experience. And I am glad you enjoyed the company of my Platinum Blondes...they are edgy but I fall in love with them all the same. Last evening, after you bid adieu...I had the joy of caring for them....and regrettably putting them away in the box :)

We must do this more often. Meeting fellow IFGians is not just a meeting of the likeminded....yesterday, I felt a part of a tight knit family. All for one...one for all :)
There is no downside to Freedom!

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:00 pm

Gentlemen,

Really makes one feel good about humanity when one witnesses such camaraderie and bonhomie. That was a really nice gesture by Tir Passion.

Slingshot, we would love to see at least some of your collection.Do oblige us.

Moin, thank you for putting up the photos.

Hope these threads encourage other members in different places to come together too.

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:31 am

Wow!!! very nice Moin,Keep it up guy's.

I hope, maybe one day i'll see you guy's as well.

Thank's Moin for the pictures.

love you all

Baljit

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:42 am

Moin, this is great! I especially appreciate your excellent way of identifying everyone. Putting names to faces is a real aid in bringing us together. Your gathering looks great and makes me want to be there!

Navi, if you are reading this, maybe we should plan on meeting up on Oak Tree Road sometime, so we can have an east coast USA chapter pic to post here! What do you think?
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:08 am

Brihaji, EsdeeDa, Slingshot we must really do this more often. Like chief said we are a niche bunch, all for one and one for all :D

Regards
Moin
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:10 am

Vikram wrote:Gentlemen,

Really makes one feel good about humanity when one witnesses such camaraderie and bonhomie. That was a really nice gesture by Tir Passion.

Slingshot, we would love to see at least some of your collection.Do oblige us.

Moin, thank you for putting up the photos.

Hope these threads encourage other members in different places to come together too.

Best-
Vikram

You are most welcome Vikram. About 50%-60% of Chief's collection can be seen on this thread.

http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17723

Regards
Moin.

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:12 am

Baljit wrote:Wow!!! very nice Moin,Keep it up guy's.

I hope, maybe one day i'll see you guy's as well.

Thank's Moin for the pictures.

love you all

Baljit
You are always more than welcome Pa'aji. Give us a chance to show you Indian Hopsitality- Mumbai Ishtyle..... :mrgreen: We love you too Pa'aji....

Best
Moin.

Moin.

Post by Moin. » Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:14 am

timmy wrote:Moin, this is great! I especially appreciate your excellent way of identifying everyone. Putting names to faces is a real aid in bringing us together. Your gathering looks great and makes me want to be there!

Navi, if you are reading this, maybe we should plan on meeting up on Oak Tree Road sometime, so we can have an east coast USA chapter pic to post here! What do you think?

Timmy, you of all people should come here with your love for Wootz and Rajnikanth. India is perhaps one of the few places where you can still manage to buy original old wootz blades at prices way lower than international auction houses. There's a treasure trove waiting for your here Timmy.

Regards
Moin.

hvj1
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Post by hvj1 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:47 am

Moin,
Ah, I am moved at seeing the interiors of Gallops, spent many a pleasant evening there. Wonderful to see all of you there. I say, that Doctor has some sort of 'elixir', which keeps him looking the same over all these years.
Regards

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:54 am

slingshot wrote: Moin, EssDee, Briha Sir, Airgun Novice, Tirpassion, Doc Shirsat....I was honoured to have you at my home. It was such an amazing experience. And I am glad you enjoyed the company of my Platinum Blondes...they are edgy but I fall in love with them all the same. Last evening, after you bid adieu...I had the joy of caring for them....and regrettably putting them away in the box :)

We must do this more often. Meeting fellow IFGians is not just a meeting of the likeminded....yesterday, I felt a part of a tight knit family. All for one...one for all :)

> Couldn't agree with you more :D
> It was a fulfillment for the body, mind & soul :D
> It was almost like a 'High School' reunion :D
> Thanks for everyone's love, generosity and open mindedness!
Briha

Hi Tirpassion,
> It was wonderful meeting you :D
> Surprisingly what we all felt was "We had known you for a long time"!
> Keep up the spirit :D
Briha

AK49
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by AK49 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:20 pm

Good to see that you folks had good time in the company of our international fellow IFG'ian Tirpassion. It is good to know that our tribe is increasing. More pictures guys.
Regards,
AK49

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:29 pm

Great Photos guys.
The "Choori-Mochi" gang; may their tribe prosper!
Members like you are what make this such a great place to hangout at.
Thank You.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941