Some Mumbaikar IFGians - Dec 2, 2012

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Some Mumbaikar IFGians - Dec 2, 2012

Post by airgun_novice » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:55 pm

Some like-minded Mumbaikars decided to have tete-a-tete at the famous Golf Club located at Chembur, Mumbai. While the agenda included exchanging personal pleasantries, sharing of information on guns, blades and just about anything and set the course of Japaloupe meet, etc. etc. couple of distinguished members like fantumfan2003 and Moin could not make it due to last minute "come-ups" that required personal intervention and hence their "drop-outs".

So while The Doc shared his technical knowledge on the innards of air rifles and various process instrumentation and his experience in shooting and gun-smithing, "brihacharan" enthralled with his witty jokes, stories about blades in his collection and old shikaar tales. "pratik_mahale" was only too keen to share his experience with various scopes, pellets and chrono design and operation and "essdee1972" kept the tempo up by buttering and buttressing with his vast knowledge of various cultures and history and blades and of course, witty rejoinders. Not to be outdone, "ak49" and "airgun_novice" only added to the potpourri of infectious enthusiasm with potfuls of their own. :cheers:

The event was sponsored personally by brihacharanji.

And no - we did not hit the "tees", but definitely watched a few "birdees" and acknowledged our "handicaps". ROTFL In the order L->R we have pratik_mahale, ak49, Dr. Shirsat, airgun_novice, brihacharan & essdee1972.

For Advertising mail webmaster
striker
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Some Mumbaikar IFGians - Dec 2, 2012

Post by striker » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:17 pm

Hope you Guys had a very nice time :cheers:

only32owner
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by only32owner » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:38 pm

OOH I missed it,

AGN I reside a stone's throw ( oops sorry, within the range of a magnum AR, IFGians dont need to throw stones :D ) from the Chembur Golf Club.

This shows, I am not making good friends here :stupid: . Will start doing it rightaway.

Thanks for Sharing , VERY HAPPY to see pictures of fellow IFGians.

Regards.
Last edited by only32owner on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glock 25
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Glock 25 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:44 pm

Thanks for sharing the pictures
FIGHT FOR RIGHT UNTILL DEATH

Moin.
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13
Poster of the Month - Sep '11 & Apr '13

Post by Moin. » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:10 pm

:cry: The "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen". Damn I missed the meet.

Best
Moin.
In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. Camus

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:35 am

Thanks for sharing story and the image airgun_novice :D

Glad you all had a good time! :cheers:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:53 am

Thanks for sharing ...... and looks better this way than posting a linky..... !!!!!!

Left to Right is pratik_mahale, ak49, The Doc, airgun_novice, brihacharan & essdee1972
Last edited by Hammerhead on Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:01 am

Hammerhead wrote:Thanks for sharing ...... and looks better this way than posting a linky..... !!!!!!

[ Image ]
Left to Right is pratik_mahale, ak49, The Doc, airgun_novice, brihacharan & essdee1972

Good effort Hammerhead - Thank You! Plus the captions below the pic 'in line' would be great! :D

Great to see the faces of many active IFGI'ans - I am especially tickled to see The Doc (of Vampire Destroyer fame!) and essdee1972 (The Cigar Lover)!

:cheers: Gentlemen

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:22 am

Absolutely great to put faces to the names.
It sure looks like you guys had a great time.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

brihacharan
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by brihacharan » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:14 am

Hi All,

> AGN Tks for posting the pic taken at the RV @ the Golf Club!

> At the out set I thank Pratik / AK49 / Essdee / AGN & Doc Shirsat for accepting my invitation for this impromtou (planned & postponed 3 times :lol: :lol: :lol:) meet. We were unlucky in not having Fantumfan & Moin to join us.

> While connecting to exchanging ideas, thoughts & experiences over the forum is great, this eye ball to eye ball meet opened up new vistas of personal interaction what with the wealth of knowledge & experiences shared laced with humour & bonhomie and not to mention the mugs of frothies, fruit juices, tandoori kebabs, fish curry rice & delicious pot kulfies for dessert that followed :D

> I believe that when coded log-in names are unmasked to reveal the faces behind them - bonding becomes stronger than any epoxy glue :D

> My humble suggestion is If IFGians in their own locality could meet periodically & post pictures, we could turn out to be the loudest unified voice to champion the cause of RKBA :D
> Viva RKBA - Viva IFG!!!

Have a Great Week End :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Briha

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:11 pm

Nice comeback there brihacharan-Ji - lovely! :D

:cheers:

AK49
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by AK49 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:17 pm

I wish I had half the eloquence of Brihaji. Nicely said sir.
brihacharan wrote:> My humble suggestion is If IFGians in their own locality could meet periodically & post pictures, we could turn out to be the loudest unified voice to champion the cause of RKBA
> Viva RKBA - Viva IFG!!!
I wish this stirs up the IGNians all across the world. May your wish come true. God bless us all.
Regards,
AK49

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:50 pm

Thank you guys. :-) Sorry I could not post the picture in lieu of the link - somehow I still face trouble in resizing it. The right side gets chopped off for whatever reasons.

@only32owner -> Since you are from Chembur, you can meet up with Brihji at a short notice. i.e. whenever you are back here from NCR. Hope to meet up with you subsequently. :-)

@AK49 -> +1 :-)

What we thought would be a chat over luncheon went for twice the time - 11:30-16:30 and didn't even notice how the time flew! :-)

only32owner
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by only32owner » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:53 pm

Thanks AGN,
Why only Brihji, would like to meet every IFGian from Mumbai.

thanks once again for this wonderful post.

Regards.

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:20 pm

Looks like you gents had yourself a great time! :) Kudos to Brihacharan for organising it... and for picking up the tab! ;) Look forward to reading about the party you chaps throw for him... you chaps have about 8 months to plan/ organise his 75th birthday bash ;)

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein