Pics of Some very fine guns of IFG member Shahid

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:41 pm

vishosingh";p="16391 wrote: can you guy enlighten me on the khairuddin and sons o/u and its availability ....how is the balance and weight???
mundaire";p="16393 wrote: yep, I'd like to know more about the Khairuddin & Sons O/U too, it simply does not look like a locally made gun, at least not like any I have seen so far!!
Sanjay";p="16396 wrote: Do share some info on the Indian O/U,it's availability,cost etc.Am really intrigued with it,could easily pass of as a firang gun.
Visho/Abhijeet/Sanjay

This O/U was made by khairuddin & sons, Jammu, in 1980s but its barrel and action was all imported from lorena spain, This gun is no more available in the market cause very few guns were manufactured. Its balance is fabulous, and is very light weighted.

Danish

For Advertising mail webmaster
Risala
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: Pics of Some very fine guns of IFG member Shahid

Post by Risala » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:43 am

"This gun is no more available in the market cause very few guns were manufactured. Its balance is fabulous, and is very light weighted. "

Thank you for the good news. :lol:

Suggest you tell Shahid to part with one from his collection,he has far too many. :wink:

Sanjay

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:00 am

Thats me :) posing with a beautiful 12 bore gun manufactured by H.J. Hussey, London. , custom made, very well engraved and the name of my cousin is engraved in the stock with gold.

Danish

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:35 am

This info was given to my cousin regarding 12 bore Boss gun when he went to Boss & Co store in London.

Danish

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:43 am

Full engraved .256 mannlicher (6.5x54mm) rifle.

Danish

Vikram
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Vikram » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:11 am

All very beautiful guns and superbly preserved.Thanks much for sharing.BTW, is there any end to the guns or you keep digging into the hat to pull out another rabbit?

Best-
Vikram
It ain’t over ’til it’s over! "Rocky,Rocky,Rocky....."

shahid

Post by shahid » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:13 am

There are more. A couple of doubles, our BRNO and Marlin .22LR, the Ruger .22 LR we use the most these days, the .275 BRNO, The fully choked duck gun.

It is Danish who has the enthusiasm to click pictures with my wife's digital camera. I am poor at taking pictures. We were cleaning our guns after yesterdays skeet shoot ( skid shooting's cousin ) while Danish spent his time taking pics.

I am very unhappy with the internet services in Patna as well. First time in this week that I could be online.

shahid

Post by shahid » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:20 am

As regards questions raised on the Kharuddin & Sons O/U.

This is the preferred Gun of my elder brother Farooq.

It was purchased from a shooter in Delhi in exchange for a WInchester Model 70 rifle about 6 years ago.

It looks beautiful now after undergoing some restoration work in Dehra Doon by a very qualified gunsmith there.

It has a very fine balance and is good to bring to the shoulder. Farooq Bhai too is my height. About 5'8".

Chambered for 70 mm. It has selective ejectors too. Spanish barrels and action imported by the factory of Dhriendra Brahmachari the Yoga Guru in the 1980s.

However not very reliable. Over the last 2 days of shooting , I heard from Danish and Farooq Bhai that the lower barrel is not firing, some trouble with the action or firing pin has worn off, etc. etc.

Give me a Berreta Silver Pigeon any day. I am very happy with both the 12 and 20 bore I use in Dubai.

While in India I love my Army and Navy classic S/S. It has history, tradition and trivia written all over it and shoots very very well.

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:22 am

Thank you Shahid for sharing the great pictures. Really enjoyed them. Like Abhijeet and others I would like to know more about the Khairuddin O/U. Why did you get the revolver blued in two colours? ( just asking outta curiosity).

cheers,

RP. 8)

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:23 am

Good collection Shahid,
Very well maintained too.
Great to be back after a couple of days hiatus-family time-something of a rarity for me!
Have a question for you, that 270 stock,is it after market?
very shades of a Fajen stock...
Also, whats the caliber of the PPK ?

Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

art_collector
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by art_collector » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:02 pm

Hi Danish Gurujee,

Thanks for telling that khairuddin O/U Guns are of spanish origin. Last time when I wrote about them the information was brushed aside ..".Made in Spain can be written by anyone"
App na hote to woh sab kaya kartee who have and wish to share correct information.
Hope this comment falls within the preview of the new rules to be followed and that I have not ruffled any feathers.
Shahid Bhai it was such a pleasure seeing your beautiful firearms...simply a class apart.

danish21
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by danish21 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:01 pm

eljefe";p="16462 wrote: Also, whats the caliber of the PPK ?
The walther PPK is in .32 caliber.

Danish

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Hunter » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:39 pm

Hi Shahid and Danish....Thats was a brilliant collection..........The moderators must be still in awe hence no reply!
Btw how did u attach your photos?

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:52 pm

Hunter";p="16499 wrote:Hi Shahid and Danish....Thats was a brilliant collection..........The moderators must be still in awe hence no reply!
Btw how did u attach your photos?
Hunter,
I'm here as moderator to moderate!NOT to be awed.You want to get awed, do so.I've been there , done that and worn the T shirt..There are are some great guns there and obviously acknowledged.Whats awe got to do with it?
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Hunter
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Hunter » Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:06 pm

Fine...Eljefe..fine....it was only meant in jest! No need to get offended!