US pictures

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: US pictures

Post by xl_target » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:02 pm

ngrewal,

The rifles(left to right)
1. SKS
2. Ruger SR-22 (as pointed out by Two Rivers and HSharief)
3. Remington 870 Express with Slug barrlel (as pointed out by Hsharief)
4. Ruger 10-22
5. Can't tell what it is but doesn't look like a Remington 700.
6. Some kind of AK clone (as pointed out by Hsharief)

The pistols (left to right):
1. Revolver of some type, possibly SAA clone.
2. Beretta 92 or variant (as pointed out by Hsharief)
3. Smith and Wesson Sigma
4. Glock 19 (as pointed out by Hsharief)
5. Ruger Super Redhawk (as pointed out by Hsharief)

Maybe Drifter can shed some light on the rifle.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

For Advertising mail webmaster
TwoRivers
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TwoRivers » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:35 am

A Remington M710; now the M770 with minor changes. Remington's entry level cheapy.

drifter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by drifter » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:25 pm

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay my exams have been going on.

vikram,
This was the first time I was shooting high calibre rifles, before all I had ever shot was a 22 rifle at the range. The 30-06 I have been itching to get my hands on it and what a beautiful gun, I thing it is such a decent calibre for relatively small and big size game. I liked the feeling of recoil from the 30-06 but the remington 870 express was a bloody beast to handle.

Arshad,
I think it is a ruger sr-22 and remmington 870 express.

HSharief,
This range is in baltimore, beautiful range, got a section for trap & skeet and handguns. It was a great experience to see children with their grandparent's and mom's being taught how to shoot. I never knew that women were interested in the firearm sport.

357S&W and XL_target,
Thanks for all the pointers and invite will defenitly come and visit in the near future. Did not manage to go on a hunt too short a time to work things out. Like two rivers said it is the remmington M710

steve007,
was in NY, baltimore, harlingen,weslaco and austin. I love the country and the people were friendly. People at the range were very helpful and always courteous. One of the range guy in austin taught me how to use the handgun. Where in the US are you based?.

ngrewal,
fishing was in lake travis, near george bushes old family mansion austin. Do you live in NY?.

Will try and post some more pics.

Have any of you ever heard of a gun company called Alfa I think of German origon.

reg,
drifter.

Steve007
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Steve007 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:10 am

drifter wrote:steve007,
was in NY, baltimore, harlingen,weslaco and austin. I love the country and the people were friendly. People at the range were very helpful and always courteous. One of the range guy in austin taught me how to use the handgun. Where in the US are you based?.
Sorry for delay in responding, drifter. I was working on a business project and do not visit this board as often as I should. I must admit that I do not know any Indians personally apart from some business interaction (though I have dated Mohawk and Apache girls :wink: ) and I find this board to be quite intriguing. It also led to an extensive conversation with shooter, which I greatly appreciated, and some PMs.

I am in beautiful St Louis, Missouri, which is right in the exact center of the US. Many shooting ranges (I am primarily a shotguuner and shoot sporting clays) and birdhunting. Lots of deer hunting too, though it isn't what I do.

It is not surprising that the guys at the ranges were nice to you,though I like to think that Americans are naturally that way.Geerge Bernard Shaw once said that "no religion binds men together as closely as a shared interest". I've been over much of the world (note: not India, though), and shooting men get along. I've probably got more in common with you guys than with my vegetarian anti-hunting brother or his wimpy kids. My wife's family is all military (or police) and birdhunters, and it's surprising how much I like them.

Glad you liked the US..and our gun attitudes, though there are some differences of opinion. I heard that's true of India as well, however. :?

drifter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by drifter » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:57 pm

Steve007,

I guess there are always going to be conflicting opinions on gun laws. Well one good thing about the US is that a citizen has access to defend himself, here in India the law is skewed. My friend was recalling a incident that took place 25 years ago when his grandad's farm labourer was killed by a local gang, his grandad along with a police officer when they went to retrive the body from the murder site were ambushed near their village and attacked by 5 men who had sticks and sickles in broad daylight. The police officer was beaten with sticks and his grandad in self defence managed to shoot 3 of the men and injure them with his revolver while the other two escaped, a case was filed by the gang which had criminal history and it took 18years for the case to close eventhough there were eyewitnesses and it was a clear case of murder and attacking even a police officer. This is how it works a lot of times in our country.

When I had applied for a weapon license 8 months ago I had to go through a long process of interviews and police verifications, I was denied a license by the local police inspectors for the reason being, I did not have any property in my name and hence I did not face a threat from anyone so there is no need for me to have a weapon in my possession. But because we have a good issuing final authority who has to analyse the observations made in the report he overturned the judgement saying since I do not have any criminal cases and a responsible citizen I do not pose a threat to other people and I was issued a licenseafter 8 long months.

"I've probably got more in common with you guys than with my vegetarian anti-hunting brother or his wimpy kids. My wife's family is all military (or police) and birdhunters, and it's surprising how much I like them" ROTFL ROTFL

Reg,
drifter