Hathini Kund and Tajewala Pics.

Here you can post images from your favorite events, places, yourself or your family to share with other site members.
kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Hathini Kund and Tajewala Pics.

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:35 pm

Hi Asif,

As promised pics of Hathni Kund and Tajewala. These pics are taken on evening of a foggy day thats why they are not clear as they should be.

Board at Tajewala with Fishing license information.

HathniKund Barrage

HathniKund Barrage

Mountain stream

Sunset in the jungle

Yamuna

This use to be a very nice Patridge and Hare country. Not many to be seen now :(

-Inder
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

For Advertising mail webmaster
Satpal_S
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Satpal_S » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:52 pm

Hi Inder,

So you made it to the foothills.
Do you plan to go to Paunta Sahib, if so post pictures on photobucket to save bandwidth.

How come there are no people in these pictures, My Hindi is very poor, yet can make out the word "Mahseer".

Before they made the Tajewala Barrage and Sutlej Yamuna link project, this place was "Mahseer" Heaven. Visited with my Mamaji, (around 1960) a engineer surveying for the Tajewala project extension. Clearly remember those 3 feet long "Mahseer"caught by local fishermen and sold to the Guesthouse Cook. Mamaji shot a few partridges too while driving upstream to HP.

How are Jagadhri and Yamunanagar now, were overcrowded with people and trucks carrying sugarcane even back then.

Have fun travelling!

Satpal

kanwar76
Eminent IFG'an
Eminent IFG'an

Re: Hathini Kund and Tajewala Pics.

Post by kanwar76 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:37 pm

Satpal_S";p="11410 wrote: Hi Inder,

So you made it to the foothills.
Do you plan to go to Paunta Sahib, if so post pictures on photobucket to save bandwidth.

How come there are no people in these pictures, My Hindi is very poor, yet can make out the word "Mahseer".

Before they made the Tajewala Barrage and Sutlej Yamuna link project, this place was "Mahseer" Heaven. Visited with my Mamaji, (around 1960) a engineer surveying for the Tajewala project extension. Clearly remember those 3 feet long "Mahseer"caught by local fishermen and sold to the Guesthouse Cook. Mamaji shot a few partridges too while driving upstream to HP.

How are Jagadhri and Yamunanagar now, were overcrowded with people and trucks carrying sugarcane even back then.

Have fun travelling!

Satpal

Hi Satpal,

I am from Yamuna Nagar. I visit Paonta saheb almost every visit to north. Reason of no people in the pics...I went there with my younger brother, he got bored after some time and came back home leaving me with tackle and camera. There was no place to keep the camera for taking a self pic so no me in the pics :)

This place was good for mahseer even three four years ago. You can hear the tales of big mahseer being catch even now days from locals but I doubt that. Haryana fishery department organize fishing competition every year at Tajewala but I draw a blank at hatnikund, Tajewala and even on Western Yamuna canal where i fished for three days. :(. I guess my fishing luck is not so strong :mrgreen:

And talking about partridges, the river bank you see in Yamuna Pics....There was a time when it was guaranteed that you will disturb some if you walk in those Sarkanda's. I don't know if you know but there is a tribe called "they" or "Tey" in north. They use to hunt hares with Grey Hounds and its use to be a sight to remember. Ah........those days. The jungle adjoining Yamuna is called "Kalesar" and its still rich with wild life. You can easily spot Wild boars, deer even a leopard. There is a post on IA forums where one member narrated his experience of visiting Kalesar. Nice post..

Jagadhari and Yamuna Nagar are getting crowded day by day. I don't know from where all those people are coming and Trucks, trolleys filled with sugar cane are still there.

-Inder

PS:These pictures are also posted on photo bucket only. If you right click on any picture and see properties, it will show photobucket URL.
I am the Saint the Soldier that walks in Peace. I am the Humble dust of your feet, But dont think my Spirituality makes me weak. The Heavens will roar if my Kirpan were to speak...

mehulkamdar

Re: Hathini Kund and Tajewala Pics.

Post by mehulkamdar » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:59 pm

Inder,

Very nice pics and don't worry about the fog beind a bad thing. It does bring out the kind of weather that you were fishing in. Better luck when you fish next. I have not had much luck with fishing and these days when I go to Appleton, all I do is relax with beers on a good friend's boat when we are out on Lake Winnebago while they fish. We couldn;t do that the last time you were here but will when you're back.

Cheers buddy!

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:58 am

Good pictures Inder..still remember the horrendous traffic jams due to tractors near the mill while travelling to Saharanpur.