WHERE do i buy pepper spray in chennai

A posts related to self defence/ home defence. Please post anything related to legal aspects in the 'Legal Eagle' section.
dvprasad
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

WHERE do i buy pepper spray in chennai

Post by dvprasad » Wed May 19, 2010 11:41 pm

Hi all

I am going on a vacation with my family, i am considering buying a pepper spray, kindly advice me on the following:

1) Shops that i can buy from, with phone numbers so that i can call n confirm availability before traveling.

2) Brands that i should look for & realistic prices

3) I was actually considering an air gun, but it appears to be an unwise idea from posts on this form.

4) I have a 15 month old daughter, so would be looking for something with a child safety lock.

Thanks
dp

For Advertising mail webmaster
eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: WHERE do i buy pepper spray in chennai

Post by eljefe » Thu May 20, 2010 4:40 pm

google cobra pepper spray, bangalore based, very effective.
Like all other lethal objects, the best safety is prevention, crime wise and infant daughter wise.so BE CAREFUL
Best
Axx
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

Oggie
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Oggie » Fri May 21, 2010 3:15 am

Hi there,

I dont wish to rain on your parade Dv but I have a few area's of concern here. Pepper spray is a limited deterrent and more an irritant to a determined aggressor to harm you and your family if you do not have a back up plan. It is quite useless against 2 or more attackers and the chances of you being attacked by a lone ranger is quite remote. It is also quite useless against armed attackers. In fact you could really be asking for trouble if you pepper spray an armed aggressor. If you dont have a firearms license your best option really is to avoid dangerous situations.

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Fri May 21, 2010 8:10 am

Buy a stun baton http://www.mangalindia.com/Electric-Sho ... India.html

Buy a knife http://www.basecamp.in/pages/--Muela/pgid-22328.aspx

Buy a good pair of running shoes (Nike,Addidas....)

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Fri May 21, 2010 8:17 am

http://www.cobraspray.com/

Tell Rana you got this ref from IFG
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Fri May 21, 2010 7:32 pm

What a coincidence.... we have a local maker that put its maiden ad in our local rag this morning....er... in Dimapur, Nagaland,.. that is...

Here is the bit word for word from the news paper:

Self Defense Pepper Spray
DIMAPUR: Naga Fragrance Pvt.Ltd., a Dimapur company specializing in Naga King Chilli products has developed a Naga King Chilli Self Defense Pepper Spray.
For those interested in availing themselves of an effective self defense product are informed to contact 9856127795, 9436002303, 9612164693, email [email protected], and email [email protected].
Anyone purchasing the defense spray have been informed to read, agree and sign the terms and conditions of use, drawn up by Naga Fragrance Pvt.Ltd, and the purchasers details will be logged at the office.
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Fri May 21, 2010 10:17 pm

nice one CC do you know if one can use it on pork curry? do they make it in bamboo flavour?
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

cottage cheese
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cottage cheese » Sat May 22, 2010 7:44 am

nagarifle wrote:nice one CC do you know if one can use it on pork curry? do they make it in bamboo flavour?
Its better as an armpit deodorant... :)
He who can not think, is a fool; he who will not, a bigot; he who dare not - a slave!

Shaundassey
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Shaundassey » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:17 am

Hi dvprasad. . . .

If you havnt got the can yet . . . may i suggest any health & Glow outlet in your city . . they usually have a large stock of the cobra spray . .

However do remember, even if you dont use it once , it has a shelf life . . i found mine had lost all its pressure after about 8 months . . my friends cobra spray started leaking in his bag . .

anyways . . hope this helps . .

cheers

dvprasad wrote:Hi all

I am going on a vacation with my family, i am considering buying a pepper spray, kindly advice me on the following:

1) Shops that i can buy from, with phone numbers so that i can call n confirm availability before traveling.

2) Brands that i should look for & realistic prices

3) I was actually considering an air gun, but it appears to be an unwise idea from posts on this form.

4) I have a 15 month old daughter, so would be looking for something with a child safety lock.

Thanks
dp

andref
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by andref » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:33 pm

Oggie wrote:Hi there,

I dont wish to rain on your parade Dv but I have a few area's of concern here. Pepper spray is a limited deterrent and more an irritant to a determined aggressor to harm you and your family if you do not have a back up plan. It is quite useless against 2 or more attackers and the chances of you being attacked by a lone ranger is quite remote. It is also quite useless against armed attackers. In fact you could really be asking for trouble if you pepper spray an armed aggressor. If you dont have a firearms license your best option really is to avoid dangerous situations.
Mostly untrue and highly subject to circumstance . Pepper spray should be a part of your contingency plan when things start to go downhill. your first priority of course is to extricate yourself and your family/friends without aggravating a potentially violent situation i.e. just back off while ignoring any insults/threats etc. threatening retaliation with the spray at this point is unadvisable. If things threaten to turn violent your best bet is to swiftly spray the agressors and high tail it out of there ASAP! Remember pepper spray is only a tool - when used well it significantly raises your chances of getting out without harm - improperly used (alerting a potential attacker to its prescence) could lead to dire consequences (the potential attacker seeks to arm himself to counter your threat). A can of spray might not protect you against a determined mob but thats really a worst case scenario where even a sidearm does not guarantee safety.

aglover
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by aglover » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:04 am

Oggie wrote:Hi there,

andref wrote:Mostly untrue and highly subject to circumstance . Pepper spray should be a part of your contingency plan when things start to go downhill. your first priority of course is to extricate yourself and your family/friends without aggravating a potentially violent situation i.e. just back off while ignoring any insults/threats etc. threatening retaliation with the spray at this point is unadvisable. If things threaten to turn violent your best bet is to swiftly spray the agressors and high tail it out of there ASAP! Remember pepper spray is only a tool - when used well it significantly raises your chances of getting out without harm - improperly used (alerting a potential attacker to its prescence) could lead to dire consequences (the potential attacker seeks to arm himself to counter your threat). A can of spray might not protect you against a determined mob but thats really a worst case scenario where even a sidearm does not guarantee safety.
I suggest that you buy the spray, its not too big to keep in a backpack or ladie's purse; but use according to the situation. Every situation is different and demands different response. Like they say- It's Better to Have a Gun and Not Need It, Than to Need a Gun and Not Have it.