What kind of rifle can we buy in India with License?

Posts related to rifles.
ricemeup
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: What kind of rifle can we buy in India with License?

Post by ricemeup » Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:37 am

Hey Niki, from what I understand the types of rifles usually permitted for sport/hunting in India with the proper license are .22 caliber rimfire rifles or centerfire rifles in calibers like .308 or smaller. Something like a basic .22 like a Ruger 10/22 or a .308 bolt action rifle from Suhl, Sauer, or Blaser would be good options within your budget.

As for silencers, I'm not sure those are generally allowed on sporting rifles in India. It may be best to confirm exact regulations with your local DC. And definitely focus on high quality optics over unnecessary extras if possible.

Most importantly, be sure to get proper training on safe handling and marksmanship. Some gun clubs near your area may offer courses. Shooting is a fun hobby, but safety should always come first.

For Advertising mail webmaster
timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:43 pm

ricemeup wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:37 am
Hey Niki, from what I understand the types of rifles usually permitted for sport/hunting in India with the proper license are .22 caliber rimfire rifles or centerfire rifles in calibers like .308 or smaller. Something like a basic .22 like a Ruger 10/22 or a .308 bolt action rifle from Suhl, Sauer, or Blaser would be good options within your budget.

As for silencers, I'm not sure those are generally allowed on sporting rifles in India. It may be best to confirm exact regulations with your local DC. And definitely focus on high quality optics over unnecessary extras if possible.

Most importantly, be sure to get proper training on safe handling and marksmanship. Some gun clubs near your area may offer courses. Shooting is a fun hobby, but safety should always come first.
You really do need to spend more time on IFG reading the material here befoe you staart handing out wrong information as you have in this post. It is obvious that you are not qualified to answer the question.

Why don't you start here:

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=24511

You should also consider the red warning in this forum: viewforum.php?f=18

and please stop telling other members wrong things!
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

partheus
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by partheus » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:44 pm

nikitagupta2106 wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:11 am

I know the DC personally of my area and he's willing to give a license. He knows I love shooting as sports.
Well, in that case I know some people who would just love to become your new best childhood friends :D

On a more serious note, what sort of shooting are you into? Most rifles circulating in the Indian market only make sense for recreational/sports shooting and may be crop protection. Real sports shooting rifles (read ISSF compliant) are single shot and cost a small fortune. You could consider the good ol' IOF 30-06, but I also encourage you to take a look into lever action guns, they have more utility as self/home defense weapons than bolt action ware and aren't as expensive.