axp817
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: The black rifle has arrived

Post by axp817 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:05 pm

Mack The Knife,
The EOTECH is 100% parallax free.
http://www.theshootingedge.com/gallery/ ... /eotech512

Now that I am looking at the picture, it does look like the circle/dot isn't centered, not sure how the picture came out like that, but while moving the gun around, the dot remains very stable.

I had the gun in one hand and camera in another, the pic. was taken sitting on the floor with the barrel on my knee, that might have caused it.

-N

Haven't sighted it in yet, this weekend, hopefully.

-N

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mack The Knife
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by Mack The Knife » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:56 pm

Okay, Naren.

You need to be a little more active on the site. ;)

Mack The Knife

axp817
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by axp817 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:57 pm

eljefe";p="13439 wrote:Naren,
congrats on the black rifle.here's wishing you many hours of fun with it.
I saw a shorter barreled version carried by a sec guard in Karachi in Dec06.Most of the sec guards were carrying ak series + star handguns, didnt mind me taking a coupla snaps, but this guy looked a bit too intimidating. I didnt take a chance asking him, in case he was a hopped up dopehead or something!
Nice sling, whats the brand?
Best
Axx
Asif,
Mine is an M-4 version, a carbine, hence short barreled - 16" barrel length.

To go below 16", one needs to file federal paperwork for National Firearms Act (NFA)compliance. You can get "AR pistols" though, RRA and other companies make some good ones.

The sling is made by BlackHawk Tactical, model details in link below.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/sslform1ar.html

I would like to get an Aimpoint/Surefire light for it.

For that, I would need a different kind of tactical rail, = more money. :(

Will play with the Eotech for some time, before I get more accessories.

-N

axp817
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

More AR Pics

Post by axp817 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:19 am

Took it to the range today.

Was fun shooting it with the red dot sight.

Pics.[php]

eljefe
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by eljefe » Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:20 pm

Great Going Naren!
Enjoy the black rifle.Where the groups buddy? ;)
''It dont mean a thing, if it aint got that zing!''

"...Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away..."

axp817
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by axp817 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:31 pm

This was at 25 yards, the 50 yard area was being used by many, and I didn't feel like waiting.

Very tight groups, 1/2 in. or less. Haven't completely sighted it in yet, planning on doing that next week, at 50 yards. Will post results then.

-N

HSharief
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by HSharief » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:13 pm

Hi Naren,

I am thinking about getting an AR and a few hi-cap mags before Obama and team eff it up. I'm sure you already did a lot of research on this before you bought and I'm just starting to do my research. I'm thinking of building one up from scratch unless I get a GREAT deal on one that I would like. I want a piston operated upper, that much I know. Please share with me your research and the price you paid for the RR. If you don't want to discuss price open, send it to me by PM. Your secret will be safe with me :)

Sharief

axp817
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by axp817 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:23 am

My AR is the Rock River AR1251X (Entry Tactical). Piston uppers are a little more expensive from what I understand. I didn't do a whole lot of research since the Rock River name came recommended from many sources - my friend who is an avid firearm enthusiast and owns all kinds of rifles including an AR showed me articles that reviewed the RRA ARs which had very good reviews, the DEA chose RRA ARs for their personnel, the person that handles FFL sales at our club also said that the RRA was among the most reliable names today. I did look at Armalite, Bushmaster, and DPMS, and those had good reviews as well, but so did RRA, probably a little more than the rest, and I loved the options RRA offered. I got the base tactical model, it is an M4 carbine, collapsible stock, etc. and I knew I could add to it later. Since buying it, I have added an EOTECH holographic sight, a tactical sling, and a foregrip to it (no flash light yet), and I am very happy with it. It is the coolest looking of all my toys, only, it is a pity I haven't shot it in months.

I do know someone that owns a Bushmaster and another person that owns an Armalite, and they both claim that theirs are the best, which tells me that those are pretty good brands as well. If you are willing to go through with the time and effort of building your own AR, you should definitely look into the options you have. All the AR forums have tons of people sharing their experiences with building their own ARs, and some are very cool looking. If you are looking for a very specific configuration, that might be the way to go. I am not sure how expensive it is or isn't to do it yourself, but do look into it.

And I really hope Obama and gang focus their efforts on other things than "assault weapon" bans.

MoA
Veteran
Veteran

Post by MoA » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:25 am

axp817";p="2394 wrote: .223 (5.56 NATO) Carbine with Collapsible butt stock, flash suppressor, 30 round mags(NH doesn't have any assault weapon restrictions)
Naren,

Congratulations on the addition... it is a beautiful gun. What twist did you get?

Just be a little careful... .223 != 5.56 NATO except dimensionally.

Different barss specs, and different pressure.

Enjoy the gun... if youre not into reloading Wolf Silverjacket is good cheap plinking ammo.

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by Sakobav » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:23 am

Congrats Naren do post pictures

Best

axp817
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by axp817 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:56 am

Navdeep, I didn't get anything new, was just answering a few questions that Sharief had.

MoA, yes, I do use Wolf when available, cheaper than some of the rest, and good for plinking.