AR-15; the progeny of genius.

Posts related to rifles.
Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: AR-15; the progeny of genius.

Post by Baljit » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:57 am

Hello Guy's.

Today, I received my upper receiver and some parts for my lower receiver from my dealer.Looks like in next couples of weeks,all of you guy's going to see my COMPLETE lower receiver. :D

Here is few pictures for you guy's.

Here in this box my Daniel Defense upper receiver,Daniel Defense Complete Bolt Carrier Group and Daniel Defense AR-15 Charging Handle Assembly.

My Daniel Defense upper receiver.

Daniel Defense Complete Bolt Carrier Group.

Here is all three Daniel Defense parts together.

Now the real fun begin. Please stick around for interesting things. :)

Baljit

For Advertising mail webmaster
sa_ali
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by sa_ali » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:55 pm

GODDAMIT you bro are pushing me to edge. move faster guys, cant wait to have those toys complete, its like those nail bitting finish.

I want to thank you both from bottom of heart to putting this thread together, its like living my dream through your hands and pocket :D. kudos to you both.

Its amazing information about M16 and its functioning.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:57 pm

prashantsingh wrote:Nice looking ARs xl.
Waiting for the range report.

All the best Baljit. Looking forwards to your toy as well.
Thanks Prashant and CK
Will try and go out to the range this Sunday (weather permitting).
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:01 pm

Baljit,
It must be a good feeling to see those packages come in.
Daniel Defense; Certainly high end stuff. The Cadillac of AR equipment.

Have they started work on your barrel yet?
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:54 am

It must be a good feeling to see those packages come in.
XL........
I can't tell you how's my feeling when I hold those packages in my hand. Looks like my dream toy going into shape very soon. :D

Now I have everything for my lower receiver.Just lack of time to put all together, but in couples weeks for sure,it's going to be done. :cheers:

Have they started work on your barrel yet?
Not yet.Once I finish my lower receiver then I am going to send bolt to my gun smith so he can start work on my barrel. :)

Baljit

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:11 pm

Baljit, I can't hold my excitement anymore. In India, as you know so well, the only things that arrive in boxes at your doorsteps are cell phones, cameras, shoes, t shirts...... blah blah blah blah ..... :( :( :(

Please upload a video the day its complete. Pictures wont do anymore for me :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

TC

Kittu
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Kittu » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:36 pm

TC wrote:Baljit, I can't hold my excitement anymore. In India, as you know so well, the only things that arrive in boxes at your doorsteps are cell phones, cameras, shoes, t shirts...... blah blah blah blah ..... :( :( :(

Please upload a video the day its complete. Pictures wont do anymore for me :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

TC
:agree:

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:51 am

TC wrote:Baljit, I can't hold my excitement anymore. In India, as you know so well, the only things that arrive in boxes at your doorsteps are cell phones, cameras, shoes, t shirts...... blah blah blah blah ..... :( :( :(

TC

TC.....
My lower receiver is complete.Now It's just matter of time to post every thing here for all of you.

Please keep in mind I have to resize all of those pictures as well.

I'll try to make a video when it's all complete and i'll try to make a video in the range as well.Please stick around. :)

Baljit

Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Baljit » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:24 am

Hello Guy's.

Today I found this video on YouTube about new AR-15 Mag well lock.I thought I should share this with all of you.

These mag well lock designed in Canada and made in Germany, these are a high security locks that fits in the mag well and completely disables the firearm by locking the upper and lower receiver together.

locking the bolt back, blocking the chamber and the mag well makes impossible to load a round into chamber or cycle the action.

These are not for those guys, who just want to meet the minimum requirement by law, these well exceed the minimum requirement. The key is a security and key and can not be picked or easily drilled out.

Here is a demo video.

Enjoy
Baljit
Last edited by Baljit on Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

prashantsingh
Poster of the Month - Aug 2011

Post by prashantsingh » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:55 am

xl,
Did you get time to try out your AR at the range?
Waiting for some amazing videos and snaps. :cheers:

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:29 am

sa_ali wrote:GODDAMIT you bro are pushing me to edge. move faster guys, cant wait to have those toys complete, its like those nail bitting finish.

I want to thank you both from bottom of heart to putting this thread together, its like living my dream through your hands and pocket :D. kudos to you both.

Its amazing information about M16 and its functioning.
sa_ali,
Thanks for your interest in the post. Let me tell you I am as anxious as anyone to get this rifle up to speed.
We will try to keep you appraised, Baljit's build is progressing too but work, life and the North American winter gets in the way.
Now that winter is almost over (who am I kidding? It snowed again tonight, sigh), we will try and get out to the range more often and post the results.

Prashant,
I went to the range last weekend but only did function testing. I haven't tested for accuracy over 50 yards yet.
After about 100 rounds through the rifle, I was surprised at how clean it was. Everything pretty much wiped clean, except for the tail of the bolt. The chrome plated bore and chamber was very easy to clean too. We mostly used surplus Israeli ammo. The 55 grain ammo was not very accurate in my barrel as the 1 twist in 7 inches will stabilize the 55 grain ammo but heavier bullets will do better. Recoil was minimal and all three of our rifles (our IT group) functioned flawlessly. None of us had any failures to feed, fire or extract. I did take some video which I will post soon.

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:58 am

XL,
Will you please share a little more on the surplus Israeli ammo you fired i.e. source, bullet weight, charge, price etc. ?

This is turning out to be one of the most interesting posts.

:cheers:

TC

PS: I have an M16 too :wink: Will share with you someday :mrgreen:

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:52 pm

TC wrote:XL,
Will you please share a little more on the surplus Israeli ammo you fired i.e. source, bullet weight, charge, price etc. ?

This is turning out to be one of the most interesting posts.

The ammo that I was talking about is branded "Independence". It goes for about $10 per box of 20 rounds (the cheapest that we can find at present).
The brand name is owned by the Federal Cartridge Co. but it says "Made in Israel" on the box.

I was under the impression that IMI's Small Caliber Division is Israel's sole producer of small arms ammo.
IMI is also one of the few companies (worldwide) that can meet the US Armed Forces criteria for ammo production. The actual IMI branded surplus Israeli ammo is excellent stuff.
Their "Razor Core" ammo is considered very accurate and consistent.
IMI "Razor Core" cartridge with a 77 gr. bullet. (Need a faster twist to stabilize adequately; like 1:7).

The Independence ammo that we were using has a 55 grain FMJ, boat tailed bullet.
I guess it's not really fair to call it surplus ammo (maybe ammo that wasn't good enough for NATO standards? :)) but consistency is not its strong point.
It's basically M193 ammo but loaded to less stringent standards (I'm being nice). Even at 25 yards, you'll get significant flyers and group sizes are horrible. At 50 yards, groups were a couple of inches. Hell, even cheap bulk .22 LR ammo will do better than that at 50 yards.

This is what Midway USA has to say about it:
Product Information
Independence Ammunition is loaded to NATO specifications by one of the best known Israel ammunition manufacturers, who loads ammunition for the Israel Defense Forces. This round was manufactured to give the AR-15 enthusiast a great choice for an affordable round for target shooting, training and practice. This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, in boxer-primed, reloadable brass cases.

prashantsingh

Post by prashantsingh » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:57 pm

xl_target wrote:Recoil was minimal and all three of our rifles (our IT group) functioned flawlessly. None of us had any failures to feed, fire or extract. I did take some video which I will post soon.
We want video
We want video
We want video.
:D :D :D

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:44 am

prashantsingh wrote:
xl_target wrote:Recoil was minimal and all three of our rifles (our IT group) functioned flawlessly. None of us had any failures to feed, fire or extract. I did take some video which I will post soon.
We want video
We want video
We want video.
:D :D :D
OK Prashant,
I went ahead and posted an abbreviated video right away, just for you.
IN the beginning, you will see one of my co-workers trying his rifle from the bench and then I fire mine standing.