Air Rifle for 7 year old

Posts related to rifles.
ian.lewis
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Air Rifle for 7 year old

Post by ian.lewis » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:44 pm

My Cub finds my air rifle too heavy. He's about 7 years old now. Any recommendations for a reasonably priced air rifle for a boy his age?

For Advertising mail webmaster
nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Air Rifle for 7 year old

Post by nagarifle » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:03 am

gamo delta is light
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

AnandNair
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by AnandNair » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:53 am

ian.lewis wrote:My Cub finds my air rifle too heavy. He's about 7 years old now. Any recommendations for a reasonably priced air rifle for a boy his age?
I had bought a Daisy Powerline 953 Target pro with Target sights for my son when he was 8 years old. Initally found it difficult to cock it, but now can do it on his own (he is now 9 year old). Rifle Weight at 6.4 Pounds. comes with globe sight front and peep sight in rear greatly improves learning sight alignment.

Him shooting my IHP Cadet
Some learn by reading. A few by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence.

essdee1972
Veteran
Veteran

Post by essdee1972 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:48 am

You won't find any Indian AR for a kid. Unless you want to spend serious $$ on foreign made stuff (and take the hassles of importing), you'll need to cock the AR for your kid.

I do the same myself, being too lazy to import! I have a Precihole Orion in 0.22. And we follow a ratio of 1:2 - I shoot 10, kid shoots 5. Also have to arrange a rest for him.
Cheers!

EssDee
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
In a polity, each citizen is to possess his own arms, which are not supplied or owned by the state.Aristotle

Get up, stand up, Stand up for your rights. Get up, stand up, Don't give up the fight.Bob Marley

alameinite
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by alameinite » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:50 pm

You can plan on going for underlever .177 ARs from Relish sports,online, where you have a wide range available
"The hills are barren, cold and steep, But I have promises to keep,
A lot to sweat , Before I sleep,...And Miles to run before I sleep.."
:cheers:

caracass77
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by caracass77 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:19 pm

Try a Diana sir, if you can get it? I used to; and it is but a distant memory, was light and swift. My grandfather's, I have no idea how it came to be his, but has since become an heirloom, which my uncle refuses to part with. I was 6 when I first used it. But it is pretty powerful for an airgun from what I recall.:)

slingshot
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by slingshot » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:25 am

Hi Ian,

The Weihrauch HW 30S is perfect. I am attaching a picture for you. And I bought it for my daughter when she was 8 but I shamefully admit that I shoot it :) Its perfect for plinking or shooting at the range all day. It weighs about 3 kg.
HW 30.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There is no downside to Freedom!