Bought the new Newlight Arms CF007 (PPK lookalike)

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Pratipalsinh Jadeja
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Bought the new Newlight Arms CF007 (PPK lookalike)

Post by Pratipalsinh Jadeja » Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:01 pm

My Elder Brother just purchased the CF007 New light Arms PPK look alike, Surprisingly my younger brother has an actual Walther PPK and now We also have a look like in family...

First hand experience, When I help the weapon it was solid, built quality was great, the metal, the overall look and feel is good. The confidence however I had was not much it is normal human tendency that if the product is a copy from something which is orignal you do not get that much of a confidence.

I haven't got time to shoot it, once the weekend arrives I'll be going to my farmhouse to shoot a few rounds, I can upload videos but I do not know how to upload on forum (not a tech guy). If someone directs me I can try to manage, If anyone wants to see real photos let me know.

On the contrary, I went to take the delivery and the dealer actually said that it will now be very difficult to get these apparently as they might discontinue it, Again this might not be the correct information, but this is what he said that they might face problems due to the design being similar to the Walther.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Mayurdhwajsinh
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Re: Bought the new Newlight Arms CF007 (PPK lookalike)

Post by Mayurdhwajsinh » Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:13 pm

A friend recently bought it, immediately faced issues, jamming and ejection problems, returned it the next day, might have been problem with ammunition but he tried ammunition of different batches

pokhar
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by pokhar » Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:17 am

Congratulations!
To upload videos, you can use
1# full editor & preview tab
2# click on attachments
3# Add files
4# click on submit
Same you may use to upload photos.

MilanJoshi
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by MilanJoshi » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:14 pm

Hi,
How was your experience with CF007? and whats the rough cost of it?
Thanks

Patelji
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Patelji » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:41 pm

Mayurdhwajsinh wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:13 pm
A friend recently bought it, immediately faced issues, jamming and ejection problems, returned it the next day, might have been problem with ammunition but he tried ammunition of different batches
Keeping in mind, the Indian manufacturers charge a handsome amount, but quality is still not being delivered compared to imported weapons, though they are nothing less than 40 years old.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:07 am

Pratipalsinh Jadeja wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:01 pm
The confidence however I had was not much it is normal human tendency that if the product is a copy from something which is orignal you do not get that much of a confidence.
Just because a product is a copy does not mean that it is bad.

The PP/PPK/PPKS was a very successful design and it has been copied and modified by many over the years. Perhaps the greatest compliment was the Soviet Union copying the PP in the Makarov pistol, which developed the 9mm Makarov cartridge for their copy to give the most powerful cartridge possible in that size and weight of a blowback action pistol.

The issue here is not that copying the PP/PPK/PPKS makes the copy bad. Since the design is well-proven over decades, the issue is the quality of manufacture and how well the copy was done. Does the copy feed reliably? Is the heat treatment proper so that the copy will not wear prematurely?

These are the issues I'd be concerned about, not that this gun is a copy of an existing design.
Pratipalsinh Jadeja wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:01 pm
. . . I went to take the delivery and the dealer actually said that it will now be very difficult to get these apparently as they might discontinue it, Again this might not be the correct information, but this is what he said that they might face problems due to the design being similar to the Walther.
Any patent rights that would limit copying the PP/PPK/PPKS have expired long ago, which is why it is copied so often now. This is just like MSD copying the Colt 1911 45 Auto -- any exclusive rights have expired long ago.

If there is a discontinuation, it is more likely to be that they can't make money on what they are selling, that there is a problem in manufacture that can't be easily solved, or the manufacturer has either made a deal with someone else to cease, or has a newer model or version that they wish to market.

Or maybe their company has financial issues.

There are many possibilities here, but I doubt that the reason for cessation has to do with any rights infringement.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman