IOF ASHANI .32 pistol

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: IOF ASHANI .32 pistol

Post by nm » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:38 pm

Book now....the delivery period is nowadays 4-5 months. In the unlikely event of delay, you may get Purchase Period extension by submitting request along with copy of IOF application/receipt.

For Advertising mail webmaster
GNV
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by GNV » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:39 pm

Hi friend,
It seems you are 18 yrs old. How did you manage to get a license for a pistol? I am under the impression that one need to be 21 yrs old to get an arms license. Is there a change recently regarding age of the applicant?

hsbrar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by hsbrar » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:14 pm

Thanks NM. I am collecting pistol around third week of August and planning to travel by Air India from/to Delhi. Please advise if I can carry some ammunition with me as well if I buy there. is there any place close by factory where I can by ammunition. Air India is asking for Rs.5500.00 on top of return fare. My flight back will be around 8.15pm. Around what time I would get my pistol from factory. I will be staying in kolkatta 2 nights. Any reasonably priced A/C accommodation nearby.
Thanks, HB

nm
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by nm » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:59 pm

In case you wish to buy ammo it must be after purchase of pistol and Your permit must include ammo. Ideally, You could buy ammo in delhi. Normally, all pistol deliveries are completed before lunch. No idea about the accommodation...

vilsopal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vilsopal » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:14 pm

Thanks NM for ur suggestion.But as u said Waiting period is 4-5 months, is it true???

hsbrar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by hsbrar » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:15 pm

not sure if I have posted my previous reply at right place. I just wanna say thanks to NM for his valuable suggestion. I will take your advice and buy ammo once I am back.

vilsopal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vilsopal » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:01 pm

How much time does it take to get call letter after filling the Application form for .32 ashani pistol. Please tell me the current waiting time for pistol. And what it takes to get silver crome finishing pistol. Please reply.
Thanks.

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:38 am

vilsopal wrote:How much time does it take to get call letter after filling the Application form for .32 ashani pistol. Please tell me the current waiting time for pistol. And what it takes to get silver crome finishing pistol. Please reply.
Thanks.
Wait period for Ashani is approx 4 to 5 months the two colors are issued at random :D
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

vilsopal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vilsopal » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:43 am

Thanks Farook

vilsopal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vilsopal » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:38 pm

hii Guys
Here are some questions
1- Do they provide extra ammo in the indian ordnance factory while getting the delivery of pistol?
2- If they don't , then is it possible to purchase ammo in Kolkata , as carrying an empty gun too risky.
3- What is required to purchase ammo in Kolkata ?
4- Is it safe to Carry pistol through the train?
5- What is current price per cartridge?
Please guide me
Thanks

hsbrar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by hsbrar » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:02 pm

HI Vilso,

1. They dont provide Ammo.
2. You can buy 10 Cartridge. When you go to lal bazar to get you transport licence. One guy who sells acceroies will approach you. Get his name card then next day once you get delivery of pistol go back there. Buy holester etc. Also change grip. He sells wooden ones around Rs 900.00. Try to go there in a group and bargain. Then ask him where to buy ammo. He will suggest you 2 shops. One is very close by but he sells Rs.140/cartridge. Then there is one around the corner a bit far. go there he sells for Rs.95.00.
3. You dont need anything to buy ammo. It is menstioned in your transport license. But you can buy only 10.
4. There is one guy opposite the factory. I guess his name is Gupta. Get your documents checked there. He just charge arond Rs.20-40. but go to lal bazar yourself. He asks Rs. 1600.00 for that simple work which costs only rs.40.00. Dont worry there will be quite a few other guys so you can join them on buses or take a taxi which will cost maximum Rs.200.00. go to factory around 9am and then you will arrive at lal bazar before 11am. simple process to apply and you can get transport permit at 2pm. Then again go back to factory and submit documents. You will get delivery around 111m-1pm next day. If you dont want to spend much on hotel then factory also has accomodation at very cheap price or there is also a guest house in the same street I guess.

hsbrar
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by hsbrar » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:14 pm

Hi Again,

I just found guest house name card. it is in the same street as factory. Please note that I just got his card and didnot stay there so if you like go and find out yourself.

Vaishnabi Guest house. Vaishnabi Dhaba ( Pure vegetarian food) Mob.: 80135 33110, 90880 85506. 2/3 K.C. Road, KOLKATA.

Please note that you NOC must have atleast one week validity. There was a person from U.P who's NOC was left valid only for 3 days and office in Lal bazar refused to issue him transport license. When asked Gupta to help he asked for outrageous amount. He finally sorted it out at lal bazar himself in typical indian way but he had to go through lots of hassle.

Remember to be patience, we have no win there. One guy argued with them and he was the last to be served. God knows what kind of gun was supplied to him. also dont forget to check your gun there. One of us had to change his gun coz trigger was not working.

vilsopal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vilsopal » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:47 pm

Thanks Hsbrar , Information u provided was all what I want.
AGAIN THANKS A LOT

vilsopal
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by vilsopal » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:45 am

Hello everyone
Want to share some information about waiting period of ashani pistol.
I booked pistol on 28th Aug 14 via booking number--GSF/2014-2015/04129
Got requesting to pay balance payment letter on 17 sept 2014 and got call letter yesterday (on 30 sept 2014
I Was really surprised by seeing this .
THE WAITING PERIOD IS RECENTLY REDUCED TO 2-3 MONTHS.

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:26 am

There has been a strong clampdown on issuing of hand gun licences particularly in north India. Hope to see GSF work towards a 380 pistol, this just might motivate existing ashani owners to upgrade.
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun