Lawyer who could help get a license in chandigarh

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
harneet463
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Lawyer who could help get a license in chandigarh

Post by harneet463 » Wed May 20, 2015 11:58 am

Hello All,

I applied for a non-prohibited bore .32 license around a year and a half back, but was refused on the reason that "applicant has no threat to life".
I was preoccupied with some important tasks at that moment and could not follow up properly for the refusal and re-application.

Now since I am done with the tasks and thinking of re-applying for the licence, I would like to have an advice of a lawyer who could help me file an appeal/fresh application and if need be help me legally to get the license.

If anyone has such experience in Chandigarh, I would be grateful if you can help me with lawyer details and details of fees he charged.

Thanks again

Regards,
Harneet

For Advertising mail webmaster
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Lawyer who could help get a license in chandigarh

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed May 20, 2015 1:00 pm

An experienced lawyer dealing in commercial and constitutional law will be most suitable. You will have to find out a lawyer of your choice and file a writ in High Court or Supreme Court. If you do not want a lawyer and have grasp of law, you may also fight your own case.

You can request your lawyer to read the following http://indiansforguns.com/viewtopic.php ... 66#p230266

If he has any doubt or wants more clarity on any matter related to Arms Act or its Rules, he should feel free to PM me or email me.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

nagarifle
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by nagarifle » Wed May 20, 2015 1:35 pm

[quote="goodboy_mentor" you may also fight your own case..[/quote]

hi Goodboy, not stealing the thread but was puzzlied by the above point. am incorrect to say that one can not appear in court without a legal consouler? in other words , can i file a case in high court etc and present my case without any advocate to act on my case?
Nagarifle

if you say it can not be done, then you are right, for you, it can not be done.

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed May 20, 2015 4:11 pm

nagarifle wrote:
goodboy_mentor wrote:you may also fight your own case..
hi Goodboy, not stealing the thread but was puzzlied by the above point. am incorrect to say that one can not appear in court without a legal consouler? in other words , can i file a case in high court etc and present my case without any advocate to act on my case?
Yes one can fight his own case as party in person in any court. But this should be generally avoided unless someone is very familiar with the procedural laws/ rules of courts, has very deep and sound knowledge of laws related to his case. Slight or small mistake can cause a winning case into a defeated case.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

AgentDoubleS
Poster of the month - Apr 2015

Post by AgentDoubleS » Wed May 20, 2015 6:18 pm

Not in the High Court, but in the Lieutenant Governor's Court in Delhi I represented myself in my Arms license case. Though I was just being a cheapskate not wanting to pay the lawyer any money.

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Wed May 20, 2015 10:27 pm

AgentDoubleS,

You could post an introduction/ reintroduction, at least. Even when one wishes to change his name he is supposed to advertise in some news papers. Here you try to confuse people by converting from SS to AgentDoubleS, Took me some time to catch on. ROTFL ROTFL

Regards

Atul

AgentDoubleS

Post by AgentDoubleS » Wed May 20, 2015 10:39 pm

:lol: :lol:

I hope I don't have to reapply for my arms license!

aadhaulya
Veteran
Veteran

Post by aadhaulya » Wed May 20, 2015 11:49 pm

As long as IFG knows about it, you should not have a problem. :D (y)

harneet463
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by harneet463 » Thu May 21, 2015 10:49 am

Thanks good_boy mentor,

I understand that any good lawyer should be able to help me out with the same.
I was just wondering if any of the members here have used any of the lawyers in Punjab/Chandigarh area.
That would be more beneficial for me as he would already be knowing the nits and grits of the appeal and I would not have to worry about telling him something, which I am not myself very sure about.

Thanks again for your reply !!

kushalchaudhary
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by kushalchaudhary » Fri May 22, 2015 10:52 pm

Hello Dear,
I have some judgements of Punjab and Haryana Highcourt, UP Highcourt (Allahabad Bench) and Delhi Highcourt in all the judgements the court has directed to issueArms License to the applicants. Moreover it has also been mentioned in the judgement that licensing authority can't reject your application on the ground that you have no threats to life.
These judgements may help you to find your license.
My email is : kushalchaudhary(at)hotmail(dot)com.
Regards

harneet463
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by harneet463 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:15 pm

I have sent you mails quite a times and am still waiting for the reply :(
Can anyone else help me out with the query, still looking for a lawyer who can help me get a license after it has been rejected for "applicant has no threat to life" reason a year back.

Regards,
Harneet