New IOF Pistol giving problems..

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
SYED833
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

New IOF Pistol giving problems..

Post by SYED833 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:37 pm

Respected members,
After a lot of struggle and two year wait I received my ashani pistol from HVF avadi a couple of days ago..I loaded kf ammo and cocked the slide and the slide is stuck in half cock position..it is stuck literally on the bullet..The bullet is half way in and half way in the magazine.The only way to unlock this is to pull the magazine out with great force..
When I just loaded one round in the magazine,it chambered the round with ease, but even with 2 or more bullets in the magazine, the slide gets stuck on the back of the bullet..happens with both magazines.
Kindly give your valuable suggestions on this.. Is it the magazines spring issue, or am I doing something wrong..
Regards

Syed.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Glock 25
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Re: New IOF Pistol giving problems..

Post by Glock 25 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:53 pm

As I thinkIts the magazines spring problem. Its not properly pull the cartridge in the chamber
FIGHT FOR RIGHT UNTILL DEATH

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:10 pm

the catridge rim maybe big or uneven?
maybe you should see a good gunsmith.if the gun is stuck with a bullet first take it out,do this in a safe place.
regards
dr.jk

SYED833
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by SYED833 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:35 pm

Doc,
All the rims are equal,I tried with almost 20 bullets to rule out what you mentioned..It's always the same thing that kept on happening with both the mags..If there is one bullet in the mag,it chambered well..but even with 2 bullets the slide got stuck on the rim of the bullet,and the slide remains in half cock position with only the bullet rim supporting it:.
This is the quality we get from a gun costing close to one lakh and is just delivered from the factory..
I am very apprehensive about handling this gun..Since morning I have tried close to 20 times and every time it jams,and the scary part is to remove the magazine with one hand while pointing the gun in a safe direction with the other,all while there is a bullet half stuck between the mag and slide..
I need some inputs guys..
Please help..
Regards
Syed

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:22 pm

the magzine,the feeding lip or something thats sharp and new must be obstructing.
dr,jk

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:53 pm

Sayed833, hope you are not “riding the slide,” i.e., holding onto the slide as it travels forward, reducing its forward speed. The slide does not have enough forward momentum to properly seat the bullet.

I would advise you to pull the slide all the way to the rear, and let it go. The slide has to travel rapidly, even violently, to the forward position to properly seat the bullet in the chamber.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

SYED833
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: New IOF Pistol giving problems..PICS ADDED

Post by SYED833 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:56 pm

The second and third pic shows the slide jamming on the rim of the bullet.Theonly way to remove the bullet is to remove the magazine with force,and the bullet comes with the mag .It does not go into the chamber
regards
syed
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

winnie_the_pooh
Veteran
Veteran

Post by winnie_the_pooh » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:26 pm

SYED333,

It's the ammo and not the pistol.In some batches of KF .32 ACP ammo,the extractor groove is cut unevenly leaving a step. You can feel it with your nail .32 ACP is a semi rimmed cartridge and the rim of the cartridge at the top gets stuck in the groove of the cartridge below it.That is why when there is only one cartridge in the magazine,it feeds fine.

The solution is to take a fine needle file and carefully file off the step in the extractor groove.Also,as Vineet pointed out,do not ride the slide.Pull it back and then let it go,allowing the spring to push it back into battery.

Vineet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vineet » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:40 pm

winnie_the_pooh wrote:.32 ACP is a semi rimmed cartridge and the rim of the cartridge at the top gets stuck in the groove of the cartridge below it.
Yes this could also be one of the reasons. Therefore when loading the magazine just make sure that the rim of the cartridge above is ahead of the rim of the cartridge below it.
Vineet Armoury
Arms, Ammunition & Accessories.

FN-Five-Seven
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by FN-Five-Seven » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:51 pm

Like winnie said , it could be the ammo . I have heard that such problems go away while using imported ammo . You could try with a brand of imported ammo .
It's okay , if you disagree with me .
I can't force you to be right .

SYED833
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by SYED833 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:17 am

Thankyou winnie and vinnet.After u mentioned it,I did notice the groove was not smooth in most of the catridges I have. I remain clueless as to how to perform the surgery you mentioned above. :?:
More direction would be greatly helpfull And appreciated.
Thankyou
Regards
syed

target shooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by target shooter » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:34 pm

winnie_the_pooh wrote:
The solution is to take a fine needle file and carefully file off the step in the extractor groove.
Also,as Vineet pointed out,do not ride the slide.Pull it back and then let it go,allowing the spring to push it back into battery.

Thanks. It solved my problem.

Regards.

casual shooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by casual shooter » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:05 pm

yes the problem is with the round not the pistol do perform a roll over test to select rounds for your pistol....i have fired so many rounds without any problem i have also practiced double tap never the pistol has jammed for once.. it works even better than my previous holding a CZ 27..

target shooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by target shooter » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:11 pm

One precaution which I forgot to mention. Two stroke of the file at a time will not raise temp beyond comfort level. Still I hold cartg with moist cloth. And just 2 stokes of file at a time at a place Just being careful.You never know K F.

ss2008mm
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ss2008mm » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:00 pm

winnie_the_pooh wrote:SYED333,

It's the ammo and not the pistol.In some batches of KF .32 ACP ammo,the extractor groove is cut unevenly leaving a step. You can feel it with your nail .32 ACP is a semi rimmed cartridge and the rim of the cartridge at the top gets stuck in the groove of the cartridge below it.That is why when there is only one cartridge in the magazine,it feeds fine.

The solution is to take a fine needle file and carefully file off the step in the extractor groove.Also,as Vineet pointed out,do not ride the slide.Pull it back and then let it go,allowing the spring to push it back into battery.
Bingo. I had same problem and after some self research got the same solution as explained by winnie and now everything is fine. However, here in noida, they charge rs. 150 for this crap pop!!