My New IOF-FGK .32 M-III Revolver - 11 Pics

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
aaroraa
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

My New IOF-FGK .32 M-III Revolver - 11 Pics

Post by aaroraa » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:05 pm

My New IOF-FGK .32 M-III Revolver

...Long awaited dream; now lies in my hand, it feels like a dream !!

Hey Guys,

So here is how it all started...10 Sep 2011 i applied for my gun license and got it on 27th August 2012 (pweeffft !! - yeah really long time - due to at times my late follow-ups and other due to UP elections etc...)

any ways i applied for an FGK .32 the same day i got my licence with a DD of Rs 85652/- (prices increased a bit due to tax/duties etc)

I was given the day of 10 Sep 2012 (surprisingly the same date last year i applied for the licence) for the collection of the piece....reached the factory gate around 9:10 (tough, time was to reach by 8:30)

Hey an advice for all who all go for collection of the revolver at FGK:- There is simply no need to form/fight in the que while entering the factory or anything...just be calm and if some one wants to be ahead in the que let him be as all the paper work is done one by one for all and the gun is delivered at the same time no matter if you were number one in line or last & all are ONLY allowed to exit at the same time)

Duh !! :?: off-topic for a while....Any ways, once inside, one after another administrative procedures followed which took time as there were 23 other aspirants other than me...well in around 2 hours all our names were called one-by-one to hand over the pieces and within a split 1 minute...

Goodies which came along with the piece

One Plastic Box - with a hole to clip a small lock
One String
One Leather Pouch - Good & impressive Quality
One Set Cleaning Kit
One User Manual

Well...today am getting new grips on my piece.

Over all the finish and the feel of the IOF-FGK M-III is good at that price range, its just that they could have done far-far-far more with all these decades of experience and skill set....by the way the trigger is tooooooo hard; i am still to fire my gun, probably will visit the shooting range at Rifle Club this Sunday !!!

....any wayz so-long for now, enjoy the pics !!! in one of the pics you all would see the real difference in MarkII and MarkIII ie the SPRING; in the earlier models the spring inside the grip use to be "V" shape however in Mark III they have re-model it to straight-spiral-spring which could be adjusted as per the tension you want with the trigger pull.

Regards,
Ankush Arora

PS: By the way do share your views on the pic of revolver safety i came up with, after brain storming the domestic-secure-storage parameters - though i have an electric safe at home but it is kind'of on sharing basis with my family !!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

For Advertising mail webmaster
marksmanlko
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Re: My New IOF-FGK .32 M-III Revolver - 11 Pics

Post by marksmanlko » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:37 pm

:cpix:
Bro ...She is some Looker !!
nyc..Lovd it
I am taking time to decide one for myself
between Anmol and mk3 .Could somebody throw light on the improvements in mark 3 over its earlier models?

inplainsight
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by inplainsight » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:39 pm

Congratulations! So it only took two weeks between Application and Delivery?

aaroraa
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by aaroraa » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:52 pm

kandarp wrote:Congratulations! So it only took two weeks between Application and Delivery?
Yep..had to use some connections. However, i have been informed that generally it takes around 40-45 days...but a couple of guys from Punjab got theirs delivery date in 25 days within application - by default !

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:25 pm

Congratulations. That is a peculiar way to lock a revolver ! :D

best,
Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:34 pm

Congratulations.... The new hammer spring looks good.

Just one advice... try and avoid firearms photography against bright and colourful backgrounds especially when you are using flash or strong light to get details of the weapon. A dull non-reflective surface and indirect light will get you better results.

:cheers:

TC

Sudhakar4Sharma
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Sudhakar4Sharma » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:04 pm

Congratulations Ankush.....

The lock looks interesting....though i would personally keep it unlocked but at a secure place...you never know when you would need it and how much time you would have to open the lock.....

If this lock system works well for you, please go ahead as we all have different perspective and paradigms....

wish you all the very best wid your new gun.

Range Report awaited :)

regards,
Sudhakar

surajshuresh
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by surajshuresh » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:14 pm

Congratulations looks great hope you have great times shooting it mate...

aaroraa
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by aaroraa » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:56 pm

Thanks All,

Advice well taken TC.

Well got a neat wooden grip for my "KALPI" (that what i've named it - and i know most of you can very well guess where that names come from ;)

...fired four rounds yesterday - the piece felt pretty awesome with a minor Knock-back (Recoil) which is okey + more that a few sparks were observed from between the cylinder & gun barrel - i compared this with my friends S&W

Was fun !!

In a couple of days i'd be heading for the Local Rifle club to get enrolled to practice shooting; as, they are organizing an open competition on the 4th & 5th of December. And, i feel i have a pretty decent time in hand to practice; i don't have any high hopes of making "throughout" the competition; but would definitely give my best during these approx 2 months in hand to practice !!

Ankush Arora

TC
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TC » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:25 pm

Thats great Ankush.

Will wait for photographs of "KALPI" :wink:

Cheers

TC

Guns_Lover
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Guns_Lover » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:05 pm

The Doc wrote:Congratulations. That is a peculiar way to lock a revolver ! :D

best,
Rp.
Nice Sense of Humor...

Buddy Best of Luck 4 your new Baby.....

dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:40 pm

looks clean.good luck and enjoy.
dr.jk

perfectionist1
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by perfectionist1 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:57 pm

Guys,
they have change the spring from leaf to coil, not a good thing.
Leaf was better for long life use.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

aaroraa
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by aaroraa » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:11 pm

perfectionist1 wrote:Guys,
they have change the spring from leaf to coil, not a good thing.
Leaf was better for long life use.
Good at least some one noticed it.....i was wondering ppl were so much into "whats the diff between MII & MIII" and apart from the snub nose and transfer bar no one noticed the SPRINGS - which in-fact is the biggest difference in the MAKE of the weapon apart from transfer bar !!

Dear Perfectionist :- its the other way around the "Leaf spring" once loosens has to be completely replaced with a new one 'where quality could be compromised'; however, in MIII you have an option ie if the spring loosens over the period of time it can be tightened with a single or multiple insert-rings ::: "Which IS a GOOD thing"

Regards,
Ankush Arora

Lawman
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Lawman » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:13 pm

Congratulation Ankush :cheers: and what grip you are installing to the revolver ? Please post the pics of the grips.

Lawman