COLT PISTOL USED BY SHRI CHANDRA SHEKHAR AZAD

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
bishnoi29
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bishnoi29 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:01 am

]Hello IFGians

The pistol used by Shri Chandra Shekhar Azad when he last time spotted in the "company garden"or alfred park called at that time renamed Chandrashekhar Azad Park now (27,Feb, 1931), he shot many bullets by this pistols and Seeing a policeman pointing out his finger towards him, Azad immediately dragged out his Colt pistol from pocket and fired at Nott-Bower, hitting him in the right wrist. Seeing his senior officer soaked in blood, Bisheshwar Singh abused Azad. Azad immediately shot Bisheshwar Singh in his mouth, breaking his jaw. Within a few minutes, the police surrounded Alfred Park. During the initial encounter, Azad suffered a severe bullet wound in his right thigh, making it difficult for him to escape. But even then he made it possible for Sukhdev Raj to escape by providing him a cover fire. After Sukhdev Raj escaped,is it .32 bore pistol ? as he shot some britisher's quite a long distance , so kindly share your valuable views and also which ammo was available at that time http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pisto ... _2703.JPEG this is the pic of the Pistol
PEACE UP GUYS !!!!!

For Advertising mail webmaster
Baljit
Shooting true
Shooting true

Re: COLT PISTOL USED BY SHRI CHANDRA SHEKHAR AZAD

Post by Baljit » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:18 am

Very nice, i think we should all get to gather and pay are respect for this, proud to be a Indian.

Baljit

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:10 am

bishnoi29 wrote:is it .32 bore pistol ? as he shot some britisher's quite a long distance , so kindly share your valuable views and also which ammo was available at that time
It is a Colt Model 1903 Pocket Hammerless semi-auto pistol in .32 ACP caliber. It is a single-action blowback pistol with a 8-round detachable box magazine. Effective range would be 25-30 yards or so.
The .32 acp ballistics are here ......... http://ballistics101.com/32_acp.php

rest is history .........

HTH,
Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

bishnoi29
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bishnoi29 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:17 am

Baljit wrote:Very nice, i think we should all get to gather and pay are respect for this, proud to be a Indian.

Baljit
Thanks Baljit , yes we all should get together and pay respect to our own hero's who used these guns perfectly
and precisely :D

also i gather some information that Shri Chandra Shekhar Azad ji shot many bullets in park and killed some policemen
and also injured some due to his supremacy on this handgun.

please share some information if you have guy's
PEACE UP GUYS !!!!!

bishnoi29
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by bishnoi29 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:24 am

It is a Colt Model 1903 Pocket Hammerless semi-auto pistol in .32 ACP caliber. It is a single-action blowback pistol with a 8-round detachable box magazine. Effective range would be 25-30 yards or so.
The .32 acp ballistics are here ......... http://ballistics101.com/32_acp.php

rest is history .........
HTH,
Rp.[/quote]

Thanks Doc , i always use to read your valuable reviews :)
but according to the books and the information provided to me
the distance was more then 30 yards and he still manage to shoot the targets
PEACE UP GUYS !!!!!

Himachal
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Himachal » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:54 pm

Thanks for this knowledge about SHRI CHANDRA SHEKHAR AZAD

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:28 am

Found this wikipedia link about Chandra Shekhar Azad:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandra_Shekhar_Azad

which I found very interesting. I will try to see that movie mentioned, Rang De Basanti.

Thanks for the information, bishnoi29.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

sammesanj
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by sammesanj » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:54 am

timmy wrote:
which I found very interesting. I will try to see that movie mentioned, Rang De Basanti.
Timmy,
Rang De Basanti's a great movie mate, i would suggest you watch 23rd march 1931:Saheed,
the movie, its bassed on the great strugle by great revolutionaries like Bhagat singh, Sukhdev,
Rajguru and Chandra Shekhar Azad. Azad's character is potraid by Sunny Deol,which is actually good.
its a good movie, lots of information. (after seeing all the sturgle done by these revolitionaries i wonder
sometimes why they are not as famous and regarded as bapu Gandhi and mr Nehru, geuss it's all politics.
but makes me sad) :cry: :cry:

Sam singh

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:14 am

Thanks, Sam, I will look for both. Other than the Western movie Gandhi, the only movie with any sort of revolutionary overtones I have seen is Lagaan. At my house, we both like Aamir Khan a lot, and so Rang De Basanti was a good find. I will look for 23rd March 1931: Shaheed now, as well.

Back to revolutionary movies, I do have the movie Kappalottiya Thamizhan with Sivaji Ganesan. I love Sivaji, but unfortunately this movie has no English subs, so I won't watch it.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

ckkalyan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ckkalyan » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:14 pm

Thanks for sharing this information bishnoi29! Made interesting reading. :D

More information on the weapon is available at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Model ... Hammerless

Interesting to note that: Despite the title 'Hammerless', the Model 1903 does have a hammer, but it is hidden from view by the gun's slide.

Thanks The Doc for your customary, quick feedback on the piece.

:cheers:
When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:28 pm

ckkalyan wrote:Thanks The Doc for your customary, quick feedback on the piece. :cheers:
You are welcome CKK.

best,
Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

Hammerhead
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Hammerhead » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:24 pm

Did some one traced , how the colt end up in Azad's hands from United States and why they choose to get .32 when more powerful guns could have been available. I don't doubt the .32 but more would be better - Haji

Edit : NO I mean did they snatched out of some one earlier or raided police depot or had the people brought it all they way from States and chose .32 due to easy availability of ammo . Just curious - Haji
Last edited by Hammerhead on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. - Edmund Burke

airgun_novice
Veteran
Veteran

Post by airgun_novice » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:51 pm

Hammerhead wrote:Did some one traced , how the colt end up in Azad's hands from United States and why they choose to get .32 when more powerful guns could have been available. I don't doubt the .32 but more would be better - Haji
"Pickwick Papers" route ?
==
O Shea (character): Guns make you nervous ?
Charles Bronson: Guns or the users ? Idiots with guns make me nervous.
(Death Wish V)

fantumfan2003
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fantumfan2003 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:47 pm

Great story from our history....Thanks for sharing.......

M.
bishnoi29 wrote:]Hello IFGians

The pistol used by Shri Chandra Shekhar Azad when he last time spotted in the "company garden"or alfred park called at that time renamed Chandrashekhar Azad Park now (27,Feb, 1931), he shot many bullets by this pistols and Seeing a policeman pointing out his finger towards him, Azad immediately dragged out his Colt pistol from pocket and fired at Nott-Bower, hitting him in the right wrist. Seeing his senior officer soaked in blood, Bisheshwar Singh abused Azad. Azad immediately shot Bisheshwar Singh in his mouth, breaking his jaw. Within a few minutes, the police surrounded Alfred Park. During the initial encounter, Azad suffered a severe bullet wound in his right thigh, making it difficult for him to escape. But even then he made it possible for Sukhdev Raj to escape by providing him a cover fire. After Sukhdev Raj escaped,is it .32 bore pistol ? as he shot some britisher's quite a long distance , so kindly share your valuable views and also which ammo was available at that time http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pisto ... _2703.JPEG this is the pic of the Pistol
As an example of overcoming adversity, Karoly Takacs has few peers. He was part of Hungary’s world champion pistol-shooting team in 1938, when an army grenade exploded, crippling his right hand. Ten years later, having taught himself to shoot with his left, he won two gold medals in the rapid-fire class.

Darr ke aage jeet hai

pran80
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by pran80 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:10 pm

Hi,

I am from Allahabad and last saw this pistol at Allahabad Museum about 15 years back haven't been to the museum since then but about there were some reports in the vernacular newspapers about the pistol getting misplaced and then magically it was recovered by museum, it was being said that it was due to some records mismatch etc.
Guess i will go down to museum again to check it out.

Regards,