Advice on Buying a Handgun

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
gillgurtej
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Thumbs up for all!!!!!!!!

Post by gillgurtej » Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:30 am

Thanks everyone!

Hats off to Abhijeet for starting this group and all others who donate their regular time into this group like Mehul,penpusher and everyone else sorry if Imissed other names as it would be long.

I am new but not new as a member. I signed up in April or May last year when we only had around 8-10 members and could not keep in touch due to hectic schedule but use to keep checking my mail with the new updates and posts and than the user group was switched to the current one. It is really great have a lot of alike minds coming together over here which may help someday to improve the standard of this industry.

I was mistaken with Nanda Gun House with Friends gun House in Jalandhar in my last post. They are father and son who look after their shop,but anyways they are crooks too.
It will be great when someday the arms import ban is lifted. As all these weapons are only around 10% brand new of the price in India of used weapons. I know how I felt buying a .22 Rifle of IOF for Rs. 28000. whereas I have an AR-7 .22 which a friend gave me he bought for $ 170. This rifle can be disassembled and is a model of America Air Force Survival rifle.
The Desert Eagle make pistols considered one of the best by many people starts around $500.

I lost a good bargain of some imported rifles a gun house in Bazpur(my hometown) in Uttaranchal now was selling them between Rs.15000 to Rs.35000 back in March 2004 as I did not have my license at that time and as all those bore's were not common and it took me some time to find out if their ammo was available easily. The ammo was available for them at a very high price but still the difference between the price between IOF .315 I could have purchased few hundreds which would last me a few years.

Anyways cheers to everyone for sharing each others views and info. at this great site and getting more and more alike minded together.

Gurtej Gill

For Advertising mail webmaster
Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Thumbs up for all!!!!!!!!

Post by Sakobav » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:34 pm

gillgurtej wrote:Thanks everyone!

I know how I felt buying a .22 Rifle of IOF for Rs. 28000. whereas I have an AR-7 .22 which a friend gave me he bought for $ 170. This rifle can be disassembled and is a model of America Air Force Survival rifle.
The Desert Eagle make pistols considered one of the best by many people starts around $500.

Anyways cheers to everyone for sharing each others views and info. at this great site and getting more and more alike minded together.

Gurtej Gill
Gurtej

Well come aboard, Armalite survival gun is great thing, hang on to it. Its the one that can be disassembled and folded into butt of the gun? My uncle really wanted this gun but couldnt import one after 84.

have pleasant memories from Bazpur, Rudarpur, rampur farm areas..

Rgds
Navdeep

gillgurtej
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Survival

Post by gillgurtej » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:45 am

Thanks Navdeep,

Ya,That's the one.
Someday I look forward to bring it to India if customs get better.

Gurtej

penpusher

Post by penpusher » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:10 am

Gurtej,

Even if import is allowed some day you will not be able to get the rifle into the country as its a Prohibited firearm , being a semi-auto.

Take care
penpusher

Sakobav
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Survival

Post by Sakobav » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:40 am

Gurtej

me bad did not realise you are expat like me and penpusher is correct then, its semiauto prohibted..unless you have links with top shot guys. You can take one weapon with TR.

Regards
navdeep