E - Booking (for .32 Pistol) or a pathetic joke?

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: E - Booking (for .32 Pistol) or a pathetic joke?

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat May 28, 2011 8:02 pm

My luck is such that i have a PISTOL ONLY licence.
Get pistol/revolver written on license from licensing authority. That should solve the problem.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

For Advertising mail webmaster
SYED833
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by SYED833 » Sat May 28, 2011 9:04 pm

goodboy_mentor wrote:
My luck is such that i have a PISTOL ONLY licence.
Get pistol/revolver written on license from licensing authority. That should solve the problem.
Tried doing that..You cant imagine the quality of imbeciles sitting in these offices..They said it cant be done,they also told,that if i insisted, they will add a revolver,but only after a new enquiry from police..So,i let it be..

syed..

amitmeerut
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by amitmeerut » Sat May 28, 2011 9:15 pm

Very true.

neeru
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by neeru » Mon May 30, 2011 5:53 pm

I send the application with Rs 25000 DD and the required documents to GSF Cossipore on 12 Apr 11 for booking a .32 pistol. Today, I got the application returned back along with a covering letter dated 04/05/2011 saying that " due to introduction of e-booking system wef 01/04/2011, your application is returned herewith unactioned with a request to visit our website gsf.gov.in for e-booking which will be made operative soon. Inconvinience is deeply regretted."

I have checked every search engine/site/link etc. etc. but there is no website in this URL or for that matter in any name for GSF Cossipore. Apparently this is a joke being played on the hapless customers by the babus at the GSF. They can afford to play such pathetic jokes on the customers due the GSF's brutal monopoly and strict control on imports. There is a long waiting list of around one and half years to get allotted with such an astronomically priced piece of shoddy workmanship.

The day Govt allows import of fire arms (like pre-1986), I am sure every single applicant will cancell the order placed with the GSF. That day, I will donate my IOF Ashani Pistol (if I get one) to be melted for making latrine buckets for Tihar Jail inmates and buy a world class pistol of my choice. But till then will keep searching for that elusive web site!!!! Is there anybody else who is in a simillar state?

-- Mon May 30, 2011 5:55 pm --

please tell me about e booking of .32 gsf pistol

-- Mon May 30, 2011 5:56 pm --

please tell me about e booking of .32 gsf pistol

neeru
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by neeru » Tue May 31, 2011 1:41 pm

sudhirkh wrote:@ ace, i know the way our gov and dept treat, beleive me its really pity that our country cannot produce enough weapons, such a rubbish reply received by you, is because of govt monoploy :(

ace
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ace » Tue May 31, 2011 3:30 pm

I have checked out a number of 'phirangi and desi' hand guns, the price quoted are as follows:

Astra model 3000 .32 pistol (reblued with worn out barrel) = 4.5 lacs

Smith & Wesson .32 LDA 2" B 6 RC revolver (slightly worn barrel) = 6.5 lacs

Webley Scot .32 Mk IV - pocket revolver (moderately worn barrel) = 4.25 lacs

IOF Ashani pistol 2006 make(with rust marks on barrel) = 1.65 lacs

The prices are artificially inflated to astronimical proportions placing beyond the reach of common man! Therefore, I am going for a brand new IOF .32 revolver from FGF Kanpur (I read somewhere that FGF K produces the best quality IOF revolver designated as Mk III). I request your guidance in this regard.

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Tue May 31, 2011 6:10 pm

ace wrote: Therefore, I am going for a brand new IOF .32 revolver from FGF Kanpur
Makes sense . :idea:
ace wrote:I read somewhere that FGF K produces the best quality IOF revolver designated as Mk III
Same quality Mark III revolver is delivered from both SAF and FGK Kanpur presently.

best,
Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

SYED833
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by SYED833 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:19 pm

Had a word with the facory,They were supposed to launch today,but due to "some technical problem" it will be taking another 10 days to launch.. :? I might die of old age waiting for this e.booking to open up..

syed..

monirul islam
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by monirul islam » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:56 am

ace wrote:I send the application with Rs 25000 DD and the required documents to GSF Cossipore on 19 Apr 11 for booking a .32 pistol. Today, I got the application returned back along with a covering letter dated 04/05/2011 saying that " due to introduction of e-booking system wef 01/04/2011, your application is returned herewith unactioned with a request to visit our website gsf.gov.in for e-booking which will be made operative soon. Inconvinience is deeply regretted."

I have checked every search engine/site/link etc. etc. but there is no website in this URL or for that matter in any name for GSF Cossipore. Apparently this is a joke being played on the hapless customers by the babus at the GSF. They can afford to play such pathetic jokes on the customers due the GSF's brutal monopoly and strict control on imports. There is a long waiting list of around one and half years to get allotted with such an astronomically priced piece of shoddy workmanship.

The day Govt allows import of fire arms (like pre-1986), I am sure every single applicant will cancell the order placed with the GSF. That day, I will donate my IOF Ashani Pistol (if I get one) to be melted for making latrine buckets for Tihar Jail inmates and buy a world class pistol of my choice. But till then will keep searching for that elusive web site!!!! Is there anybody else who is in a simillar state?

Harendra
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Harendra » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:12 pm

Dear sir
i am Harendra singh i am send a appliction for 32 pistol bt retrun on 10 of jun sir pl call 09371077111

aglover
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by aglover » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:27 pm

SYED833 wrote:First there was no licence ti\o buy,now that i have the licence,there is no pistol to buy..I am guessing that when and if i get the pistol,there will be no ammo to buy.. :)
:D :D :D :D ROTFL

ace
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by ace » Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:56 pm

Any news on the e-booking from gsf?

SYED833
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by SYED833 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:10 pm

Forget e-booking,even supply has been suspended till 31 st of next month,again due to some technical problem..

http://ofbindia.nic.in/index.php?wh=tra ... er&lang=en

syed..

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:53 pm

Technical problems ? Over - booking ? Lethargic bureaucratic bottlenecks ? What ever might be the reason, now watch the pre-owned Ashani cross the 2L barrier at the dealers !! :shock:

best,
Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

SYED833
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by SYED833 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:15 pm

DOC, Its already way over 2L down hear in south india..Some dealers quoted 2.75 to 3..Thats why i booked at HVF,avadi..

syed..