IOF ANMOL REVOLVER

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Priyan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Re: IOF ANMOL REVOLVER

Post by Priyan » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:14 am

The Doc wrote:
Priyan wrote:I'd pay 200K gladly if they starts producing this type of revolver. (Colt Python)
Priyan wrote: I won't buy from them even if they were the last firearm manufacture in this whole freakin' world.
You still have some time before you can apply for and acquire a valid firearms license , who knows , IOF might start producing your dream Colt Python replica by then ! :D

IOF products have their advantages and there are several satisfied owners (at that price) on this forum.

best,
Rp.
I can't find any other advantage of IOF made firearms except they are cheap as they are manufactured locally. (Not actually they should be priced around 10,000 INR considering in other places a semi-auto handgun can be purchased for round 30K.) And about satisfaction... Very few users (If any) would buy IOF products if they could purchase foreign company firearms around the same price.

Edit: I may apply for a license when I become 21 I guess it would be better to use the 200K to get settled in USA if the gun law here stays same.
When I'll get to shoot a gun?

For Advertising mail webmaster
dr.jayakumar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dr.jayakumar » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:28 am

nother indian junk i am not surprised at all.forgot to mention americans are flying to iof factories in person to place orders.all middle eastern componies are selling their oil feilds to our country to take over iof factories in india.....osama has send his emmissaries to loot this factory.iof is in greeat trouble by producing this weapon....army is posted everwhere ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:53 am

While I like full sized handguns because of my size,(I can't handle smaller guns easily) the logic in a long barrel webley/enfield plagiarized copy defies me, especially since its in .32 S&W Long, and also because IOF products are generally not known for their inherent accuracy. However, IOF .22 Rifle and the new .30-06 seem to be doing well so there's still hope :roll: . I don't see any target sights on "Anmol" either.
Regards,
Anand

jaz
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jaz » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:15 am

as mentioned in catalog 228.6mm long I'am sure will definitely hurt the knees of buyers."She's gonna stop traffic!" ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

instead they should have gone for some other caliber or same old mark 3 with swing open cylinder .
different strokes for different folks

rp,

grewal
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by grewal » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:17 am

The Doc wrote:You still have some time before you can apply for and acquire a valid firearms license , who knows :mrgreen:
Priyan wrote:I may apply for a license when I become 21 :deadhorse:
Priyan wrote:I guess it would be better to use the 200K to get settled in USA
I hope your 200k currency is in US $ ROTFL
Grewal

I'd rather be riding my bike and thinking bout god than sitting in a temple and thinking bout my bike

indigo_indo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by indigo_indo » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:00 pm

A real example of bullshit ..

if anyone asks information under RTI about how much expenditure and man days have been wasted in so called R& d of this
A- all
N - nonsense
M - manufactured by
O - ordinance
L - Liars

As far as i know that the body of the IOF revolver is in investment casting . A design of extended barrel in cad - cam format is just job of not more than 15 minutes as the expert programmer can just have to use elongate and extrude option in CAD Cam software and the design is ready . Mould for making wax impression suitable for making mould of investment casting could be made easily within 20000 inr. and i don`t think any field trial except for wasting time and making T.A. D.A. .. sub saale kalmadi aur raja se inspired....

The money wasted in this futile effort is precious money earned by sweat and blood of our fellow indians and not by stupid politicians...

we must rise up and shun our " sab chalta hai " attitude and make the foolish people accountable for what they have done for the formality sake of R & d .
If you want peace ; you have to be prepared for war.....

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:22 pm

Priyan wrote: Very few users (If any) would buy IOF products if they could purchase foreign company firearms around the same price.
Yeah right . :mrgreen:

best,
Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

vinay singh
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by vinay singh » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:36 pm

this is a beauty, must give it to them guys ,it really takes a lot of effort and reasearch and devlopment to come up with something like this.. the highlight is having a barrell so appropriate for a caliber like this(must have racked their brains for this)if the sight of this proud masterpeice (in the news paper)was not enough in the morning , i was treated to a visual delight today(guess this is my lucky day)i saw brand new .22 revolvers (iof)at a gunhouse as he got them yeaterday from delhi...the finish nearly took my breath away......kudos for the guys up there...yeah way to go :cheers:

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:54 pm

Comparison
The data and the pictures have been taken from http://www.ofbindia.nic.in

By revelations6 at 2011-03-18

By revelations6 at 2011-03-18

_________________________Mark III_____________________________Anmol

Weight (Without Ammo)____700 gm_______________________________810 gm
Length of Revolver_________177.8 mm____________________________228.6 mm
Barrel Length______________76.2 mm_____________________________127.0 mm
Rifling Six Grooves R.H._____1Turn/380 mm________________________1Turn/304.8 mm
Chrome plated barrel________No__________________________________Yes
Price (ex Kanpur)_________Rs.84,082____________________________Rs.1,10,774

Can someone comment on the difference in rifling in both these revolvers ?

best,
Rp.

P.S. The picture quality of Anmol is poor but that was the only picture I could find.
Last edited by The Doc on Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

jaz
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by jaz » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:15 pm

1. As I am into manufacturing and have good tool room and cnc machines so I know very well chrome plating bore may not exceed well (100 -250 Rs)[calculated on higher side as per sarkari rates].

2. Material used for barrels is none other than EN19 that is 60 -65 Rs/kg throughout India,very easily available.[so an extra 1.5 inches cost 40 RS more]. If used EN24 it's just 85 -90 Rs per kg.

3. hardly any price difference with twist rate.

It would have made lot of difference if they would have come out with swing open cylinder .
:?:

airguns
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by airguns » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:17 am

vinay singh wrote:this is a beauty, must give it to them guys ,it really takes a lot of effort and reasearch and devlopment to come up with something like this.. the highlight is having a barrell so appropriate for a caliber like this(must have racked their brains for this)if the sight of this proud masterpeice (in the news paper)was not enough in the morning , i was treated to a visual delight today(guess this is my lucky day)i saw brand new .22 revolvers (iof)at a gunhouse as he got them yeaterday from delhi...the finish nearly took my breath away......kudos for the guys up there...yeah way to go :cheers:
I am sure you are joking!

Ever held one of those IOF's in your hand. Mine felt rough like a Loharu (Iron-Monger) built one. Had to spend an arm and a leg to have it tuned and refinished.

vrohan59
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by vrohan59 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:11 am

These IOf guys are hell bent on the Webley design,not against it but something more modern could be R&D(guess we all know where all the money for R&D is going :deadhorse: )Just feel bad for the would be customers,as there is no choice :deadhorse:
War does not define who is right -- only who is left
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:11 am

vrohan59 wrote:These IOf guys are hell bent on the Webley design,not against it but something more modern could be R&D(guess we all know where all the money for R&D is going :deadhorse: )Just feel bad for the would be customers,as there is no choice :deadhorse:
Do you know how hard it is to train sober monkeys to run new machines? Forget about drunken monkeys. :D
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

casual shooter
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by casual shooter » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:28 am

Bhaiya, even if they produce junk AN-MOLE or a Half MOLE pagar to milti hai na, provident fund sarkari makan, TA<DA, free perks, innovation awards, promotions, saab milta hai aur jab inke malikon ko weapon chaiye to custom confiscated, mil jata hai, RTI application should address how many MP buyed this junk, they never buy one the MP /Minister quota is always underutilized i believe.

Priyan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Priyan » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:53 am

grewal wrote:
The Doc wrote:You still have some time before you can apply for and acquire a valid firearms license , who knows :mrgreen:
Priyan wrote:I may apply for a license when I become 21 :deadhorse:
Priyan wrote:I guess it would be better to use the 200K to get settled in USA
I hope your 200k currency is in US $ ROTFL
Not in US dollar actually but there's anon delivery if I'm in urgent need. We /b/tards never let anyone down.

Oops. I just broke rule no. 1 and 2 :mrgreen:

-- Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:03 am --

Guys there's a new revolver from IOF. It's named Binmol the gun costs Rs. 100 it can be used only once or twice but there's a hack floating over internet which allows the buyer to use it as much as he/she wants.
Here's the picture.

When I'll get to shoot a gun?