IOF ANMOL REVOLVER

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
Katana
Veteran
Veteran

Re: IOF ANMOL REVOLVER

Post by Katana » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:30 am

Why carry forward obsolescence? Just doesn't make sense to introduce this.
Justice alone is the mainstay of government and the source of prosperity to the governed, injustice is the most pernicious of things; it saps the foundations of the government and brings ruin upon the realm - Sher Shah Sur, Sultan-ul-Adil.

For Advertising mail webmaster
Pranab7
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Pranab7 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:34 am

Hi to All,

I am new to your community, have recently received my Gun License, have applied for 0.32 bore revolver at Kanpur and YES I am going for the older version of it which cost Rs. 84082.00 not for the new one which is now officially advertised and is available for booking also.

I am having some basic questions in regards of our Indian make revolver of 0.32 bore old version would request you all to kindly educate me in this regard:

1. What is the approx range of this revolver ?

2. What is the official or unofficial cost of per ammunition?

3. Is the grip of the revolver good or should I change it for some good one from the open market ?

4. What approx extra money should I carry in cash while traveling to Kanpur, so that I am able to purchase all other associated items related to the revolver?

Thanks & Regards to all:

Pranab
Thanks & Regards
Pranab

Priyan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Priyan » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:54 am

Pranab7 wrote:Hi to All,

I am new to your community, have recently received my Gun License, have applied for 0.32 bore revolver at Kanpur and YES I am going for the older version of it which cost Rs. 84082.00 not for the new one which is now officially advertised and is available for booking also.

I am having some basic questions in regards of our Indian make revolver of 0.32 bore old version would request you all to kindly educate me in this regard:

1. What is the approx range of this revolver ?

2. What is the official or unofficial cost of per ammunition?

3. Is the grip of the revolver good or should I change it for some good one from the open market ?

4. What approx extra money should I carry in cash while traveling to Kanpur, so that I am able to purchase all other associated items related to the revolver?

Thanks & Regards to all:

Pranab
20 yard if you are good shot.
.32ACP rounds are about 250 300 per round.
The grip of the revolver should be good enough for normal use, How much you gonna shoot anyway with that stupid 20 ammo any time, 50 ammo per year limit?
90,000 INR recommended. You can take as much as you want though.

EDIT: All the advices above are s**tty. Don't follow them, they are phony and useless.
:stupid:
Last edited by Priyan on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
When I'll get to shoot a gun?

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:17 am

Priyan wrote:.32ACP rounds are about 250 300 per round.
The recommended ammo for IOF revolver is .32 S&W long.
Priyan wrote:
Pranab7 wrote:What approx extra money should I carry in cash while traveling to Kanpur, so that I am able to purchase all other associated items related to the revolver?

:shock: It seems you have been to Kanpur many times to buy the IOF revolver !!
Pranab7 wrote:I am new to your community, have recently received my Gun License, have applied for 0.32 bore revolver at Kanpur and YES I am going for the older version
Kindly go through the thread on IOF .32 revolver . Members have posted their experiences at Kanpur there and you will also get other pieces of info that you are looking for.

best,
Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

Priyan
One of Us (Nirvana)
One of Us (Nirvana)

Post by Priyan » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:31 am

The Doc wrote:
Priyan wrote:.32ACP rounds are about 250 300 per round.
The recommended ammo for IOF revolver is .32 S&W long.
Priyan wrote:
Pranab7 wrote:What approx extra money should I carry in cash while traveling to Kanpur, so that I am able to purchase all other associated items related to the revolver?

:shock: It seems you have been to Kanpur many times to buy the IOF revolver !!
Pranab7 wrote:I am new to your community, have recently received my Gun License, have applied for 0.32 bore revolver at Kanpur and YES I am going for the older version
Kindly go through the thread on IOF .32 revolver . Members have posted their experiences at Kanpur there and you will also get other pieces of info that you are looking for.

best,
Rp.
I thought he/she was talking about .32ACP I totally ignored the fact that the ammo was for revolver.
:agree: :stupid: also I'm a armchair commando who drools over firearms and stuff like that.

PS: Yesterday I went went to Kanpur to buy a revolver (In my dreams of course)
When I'll get to shoot a gun?

Pranab7
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Pranab7 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:19 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply.
One more thing which I need to know is that, is it necessary to carry the original license all the time after buying the revolver?
Can't an attested photo copy from district magistrate or from jt. commissioner would do. I am concern about this because the doc looks exactly like a passport which is not easy to carry it in pocket all the time.
Moreover you know how important this doc stands for all of us!!
Thanks & Regards
Pranab

indigo_indo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by indigo_indo » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:56 pm

without license you will not get anything from babus.

read the terms of agreement form and the letter issued by the FGF people giving you the date. all documents in orignal everytime you carry or buy a gun....

do not take chance...

i myself got my gun on 1st march and the redtapism is in height over there.

If you are prepared to carry back the gun back and successfully you need them , without passport they will disembark you from airport and without passport type licence they will show you the gate of the railway station for back home journey.....
If you want peace ; you have to be prepared for war.....

Pranab7
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Pranab7 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:15 pm

Sir, you have miss understood my question.
What I mean after purchasing my gun when I would be going out in the city with my gun.
Is it necessary to carry the original license along?
Thanks & Regards
Pranab

indigo_indo
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by indigo_indo » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:32 pm

always

as per arms act the licence in orignal has to be kept. tis a very tricky situation when you have more than two weapons and any of the weapon is away forp reapir , the gunsmith will retain your license. and you are held up without licence and you cannot use or carry ur gun.

only the licence deposit receipt only issued by arms license issuing authority in case you have deposited the arm for entering or deleting a weapon from your license is other way you can move without license.

the guns are fun to carry and gives an excitement to have but equal torture if you land in sum litigation
If you want peace ; you have to be prepared for war.....

Anand
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by Anand » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:13 pm

"as per arms act the licence in orignal has to be kept" .tis a very tricky situation when you have more than two weapons and any of the weapon is away forp reapir , the gunsmith will retain your license. and you are held up without licence and you cannot use or carry ur gun."

Actually, there is no requirement in the Arms Act or Arms Rules that a license be kept along with the firearm when being carried, the law requires you to provide the license as soon as possible, not necessarily immediately. However, for practical reasons it may be better to carry the original. :D

Indigo_indo, why would the gunsmith retain your license??? If a firearm has been deposited with a licensed gunsmith, once your license details have been entered in his records he returns the original along with a receipt.

I am confused! :? :? Can you explain further?
Anand

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:52 pm

One more thing which I need to know is that, is it necessary to carry the original license all the time after buying the revolver?
Your question has been answered by Section 19 of Arms Act 1959. Reference http://www.abhijeetsingh.com/arms/india ... r_3_4.html

If you read Section 19(2) of Arms Act 1959 it says:
(2) If the person upon whom a demand is made refuses or fails to produce the licence or to show that he is entitled by virtue of this Act or any other law for the time being in force to carry such arms or ammunition without a licence, the officer concerned may require him to give his name and address and if such officer considers it necessary, seize from that person the arms or ammunition which he is carrying.
Arms Act 1959 is not asking you to "carry" the original license along with the weapon. As per Section 19(2) of Arms Act 1959 you are supposed to "produce" the license if demanded by Police Officer. If you carry attested photocopy of license within your city that should be usually sufficient. If some police officer is adamant on "seeing" only the "original" license you can call somebody in your home to fetch the original and "produce" it. Basically it depends on the behavior of Police in your city and how you deal with the Police Officer.
Can't an attested photo copy from district magistrate or from jt. commissioner would do.
Much better than a plain photocopy but as per Section 19 of Arms Act 1959 if Police Officer is still adamant and wants to see the "original", he is well within his rights to demand the original license to be "produced" by you.
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

saleem
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by saleem » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:54 am

regards ifg ians,
anyone buying the so called 'anmol' is requested to please mail a scan of the cash receipt. it will be interesting to see how the ofb guys have justified the 25 grand increase in price, weather it is the cess taxes or weather they have increased the actual price of the weapon......................

Pranab7
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Pranab7 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:38 am

'Anmol' as the name itself suggest - an object which is not having its value. Price less thing!!

You know what I mean!!! :lol:

The world is moving towards small and crisp things and our own gun factory is moving the opposite direction! God help them pls.
Thanks & Regards
Pranab

The Doc
Veteran
Veteran

Post by The Doc » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:52 am

Pranab7 wrote:The world is moving towards small and crisp things
As far as the "small and crispy" revolvers are concerned, you obviously are not aware of the "K" , "L" and "X" framed S&W revolvers and similar frames made by other companies. Remember, a snub nose or a short barrel might have its own little advantages but it is not the ultimate thing as far as the revolvers go.

To me, (regarding Anmol) the longer barrel makes sense , the pricing doesn't.

best,
Rp.
It's always better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and not have it !

Pranab7
Learning the ropes
Learning the ropes

Post by Pranab7 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:18 am

Dear RP,

"you obviously are not aware of the "K" , "L" and "X" framed"

Yes u r correct that I am not aware of the "K" and "L" and "X", if u can edu in this regard it'll be great.

Further it's (anmol) is concern the choice is from one person to another. As per my understanding big is not so easy to handle. But its my personal view point.

Regards
Pranab
Thanks & Regards
Pranab