Walther CCP Pistol

Posts related to handguns (pistols, revolvers)
xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Re: Walther CCP Pistol

Post by xl_target » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:33 am

Another thing that I should mention.
This handgun apparently has not been released yet.
There is no where that one can buy one yet.
So none of your initial questions can be answered till they hit the store shelves.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

For Advertising mail webmaster
farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:24 pm

I thought the guy from Walther says in the video "out in the market in one month" and that was on 2 nd may.

http://www.waltherarms.com/dealer-locator/

These guys may have it but its allocated ie. in demand sale faster than supply...http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/Defa ... &pid=&inv=
Nothing has shaped the history more than a Gun

Jeet3
On the way to nirvana
On the way to nirvana

Post by Jeet3 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:36 pm

That's a good price tag too at between $469.00-$489.00 for a duo-tone. My Stoeger cost me $439.00 + tax. Does it also accept a magazine with more than 8 rounds?
Watch where you point your weapon, look beyond and around the target and know what you are using as your ammo. A safe handler of guns is a respected handler of guns.

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:40 pm

The delayed blow back does help control the recoil making way for faster follow up shots. Well there is lot to like about this design. Is anyone going to buy the CCP and make a video for IFG....

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:01 am

For Farook and those interested.

Here is the first independent review (that I have seen)of the CCP:
http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ccp/ ... eport.html

Looking at the photos, it is larger than the Shield.
I think I'll stay with my Ruger LC9 for pocket carry. It is substantially smaller than the Walther.
Still, I'll have to reserve judgement till I actually shoot one.
“Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never – in nothing, great or small, large or petty – never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense” — Winston Churchill, Oct 29, 1941

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:57 am

I would like to know how hot that thing gets. That review's author only got to shoot 5 rounds. I wonder how more sustained fire would heat up that recoil cylinder buried in the bowels of the gun.

Maybe, in the role of a pure defensive pistol with a single stack magazine, this isn't such an important concern, but I would like to know.
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:03 am

I remember a few years back the shield had a similar demand where dealers use to say 5 guns a month your wait period is 2 years. Six month later it was available all over. The shield is no doubt by many considered the best conceal carry gun. It has the best shooter tag by the just about every gun reviewer. But when you actually look at it you feel like its a hammered down MP pistol, not much in terms of aesthetics and design there. The Ccp has a typical Walther look. Tell me from pp to ppk to ppks right across ppq, ppqm2, pk380 basically with the exception of pps, don't all Walters have a character in them. Cant hate a Walther can you.
Last edited by farook on Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:10 am

timmy wrote:I would like to know how hot that thing gets. That review's author only got to shoot 5 rounds. I wonder how more sustained fire would heat up that recoil cylinder buried in the bowels of the gun.

Maybe, in the role of a pure defensive pistol with a single stack magazine, this isn't such an important concern, but I would like to know.
The heating issue was felt in the earlier editions of HKs squeeze cocker. In the later editions they insulated it.

There aren't any video reviews yet Timmy. Probably Walther never bothered as the gun is in hight demand anyway. Why don't you XL Target, grumpy, mac and two rivers open your own YouTube channel for reviews of guns. I am sure with your knowledge the channel would be as popular as hikhoks.

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:28 pm

farook wrote:
timmy wrote:I would like to know how hot that thing gets. That review's author only got to shoot 5 rounds. I wonder how more sustained fire would heat up that recoil cylinder buried in the bowels of the gun.

The heating issue was felt in the earlier editions of HKs squeeze cocker. In the later editions they insulated it.

There aren't any video reviews yet Timmy. Probably Walther never bothered as the gun is in hight demand anyway. Why don't you XL Target, grumpy, mac and two rivers open your own YouTube channel for reviews of guns. I am sure with your knowledge the channel would be as popular as hikhoks.
They did insulate later versions of HK squeeze cockers but people still complained about the heat. Still, as Tim mentions it probably isn't going to be an issue with a SD gun.
As far as Walthers go, for some reason, they don't do much for me. As far as the vaunted PPK, I've heard too many stories about it messing up to want to use it as a SD gun. The only Walther that I would have considered buying was the PPS but the funky magazine release paddles threw me.

Making videos; who's got the time? The only videos I make are posted on this forum and they are usually hurried and half baked.
Usually, that's only something that I think you guys might be interested in.

timmy
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by timmy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:50 am

xl_target wrote:As far as the vaunted PPK, I've heard too many stories about it messing up to want to use it as a SD gun.
What sort of problems have you heard, XL? Are you referring to jamming problems?
“There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know”

Harry S. Truman

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:05 am

timmy wrote:
xl_target wrote:As far as the vaunted PPK, I've heard too many stories about it messing up to want to use it as a SD gun.
What sort of problems have you heard, XL? Are you referring to jamming problems?
Failure to feed, stovepiping and lots of magazine issues.

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:39 am

The issues with the PPk may be on individual cases. The ones made by the inter-arms were not particularly well engineered. Nothing like the original German ones.

Curious XL Target, i believe Walther broke up with Smith and Wesson and are now in production of the PPKs them selves. Are they making it in USA or importing them from Germany. I believe the .22 is made by Umarex

xl_target
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by xl_target » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:33 am

farook wrote:The issues with the PPk may be on individual cases. The ones made by the inter-arms were not particularly well engineered. Nothing like the original German ones.

Curious XL Target, i believe Walther broke up with Smith and Wesson and are now in production of the PPKs them selves. Are they making it in USA or importing them from Germany. I believe the .22 is made by Umarex
With my luck, I would get on e of those "problems".

No idea if new PPK's are available after S&W. Never been interested in them so never looked into it.
BTW the CCP is made by Umarex too.

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:39 am

farook
Shooting true
Shooting true

Post by farook » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:38 am