Help Needed from NRAI members

Posts that don't fit into any other category. If it's anything to do with guns, it probably doesn't belong here!
Trajeev
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Help Needed from NRAI members

Post by Trajeev » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:49 am

Good Morning Friends,

My son ordered an AirForce pcp (.177 cal) from Relish Sports on 5th Jan 15.He is a regular shooter & life Member of Swatantryaveer Savarkar Air Rifle Club,Mumbai. A letter from the club & copy of his ID card is also submitted to them. The pcp arrived in Bangalore in the month of June and was lying there for more than four months.The Bangalore Customs insisted on getting Police NOC & Deal wood test certificate. Eventually the parcel went back and now has come to Delhi for clearance. NOW the Delhi customs say that they will release the gun only if you have NRAI membership and produce documents to that effect. Relish Sports is now asking for a NRAI ID & letter to my son,as they don't want to fight with Customs officials for obvious reasons. Can someone help with his ID and Bonafied member certificate? :please:

Regards
Rajeev

For Advertising mail webmaster
jatindra Singh Deo
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Re: Help Needed from NRAI members

Post by jatindra Singh Deo » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:59 am

Isn't Relish sport supposed to spare us this hassle in the first place !!

Sent from my XT1022 using Tapatalk

goodboy_mentor
Old Timer
Old Timer

Post by goodboy_mentor » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:22 pm

You may raise a grievance stating all the facts of this harassment at pgportal website with concerned Ministry. State that you are complying the requirement of Notification No. 12 (RE-2005)/2004-09 displayed at http://dgftcom.nic.in/exim/2000/not/not05%5Cnot1205.htm Attach the copy of membership document of rifle club.

For pgportal website address please refer this post https://www.indiansforguns.com/viewtopi ... 60#p236147
"If my mother tongue is shaking the foundations of your State, it probably means that you built your State on my land" - Musa Anter, Kurdish writer, assassinated by the Turkish secret services in 1992

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:58 pm

Does your son have a NRAI issued shooter ID card? If not, you can apply one for via your state/ district rifle association/ shooting club. IIRC it just costs a couple of hundred rupees. You may as well get one now, as anyway if he ever decides to progress beyond state level competitions, it is a requirement for participation these days. If he has an NRAI issued shooter ID card, you can ask NRAI to issue a letter certifying that he is registered with them vide shooter ID no. xxxxx, etc. I think NRAI charges a few hundred rupees as administration cost to issue such letters.

The above should solve your problem.

Unfortunately the customs rules give inspecting officers wide discretionary powers in terms of interpreting the rules and this can and often is used to harass citizens.
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Trajeev
Almost at nirvana
Almost at nirvana

Post by Trajeev » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:11 pm

Thank you Mundaire
can you explain me the procedure? This will be helpful for other members too
Rajeev :cheers:

mundaire
We post a lot
We post a lot

Post by mundaire » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:04 pm

You can download Shooter ID registration form from the NRAI website http://www.thenrai.in/Downloads.aspx?link=8

Fill it up, and the either have it endorsed by your state association and submit to NRAI with fees OR submit it to state association with fees - who will then forward it to NRAI after endorsing the application. I am assuming that the club your son is a member of, is affiliated with the state association.

Cheers!
Abhijeet
Like & share IndiansForGuns Facebook Page
Follow IndiansForGuns on Twitter

FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHTS - JOIN NAGRI NOW!

www.gunowners.in

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." -- Robert Heinlein

Good Man
Fresh on the boat
Fresh on the boat

Post by Good Man » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:36 am

How do i get shooter id card and id number?